"A Quaint Little Town" Tirano by eidelw

Tirano Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 34 photos

Border Town with Switzerland

My trip to Tirano took place about eight years ago, when digital cameras were only for those who took up photography professionally, or for the ones who could really afford them. The only camera I had was this obselete one which had limited features on it. All the photos have turned yellowish over time, but I will still scan some of the good ones here, soon. Nevertheless, I could still remember Tirano as if it was just yesterday that I visited it. We opted the romantic Bernina express train to experience the snow capped Alps before reaching our destination. From the cold and snowy Switzerland we made our descend to the mediteranean Tirano Italy. As we got off the train, we had to pass through the customs and get our passports stamped. The custom officers seemed very strict, but that did not deter our enthusiasm to explore the area in our limited time. The first stop was the ice cream parlor, we had our first taste of Italian icecream there called gelatto, if Im not mistaken. It was the best icecream I have ever tasted, at that point of time. All the shops were very touristy which I liked, and the whole place had my head playing this unrecognizable Italian tunes, one you always hear in movies when Italy is featured. Flowers were blooming everywhere, wished I could pick them and bring them home. Time was not really on our side, as we only had about 3-4 hours to play with. The best we could do was walk around and try to capture as many sights and sounds and great smells from the bakery. I would love to visit Tirano again.

• Last visit to Tirano: Jun 1998
  • Intro Updated Dec 10, 2006

Comments

eidelw

“smile and the world welcomes you.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.