"Vaduz - Liechtenstein's wealthy capital" Vaduz by Airpunk
Vaduz Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 205 photos
Vaduz is not only the capital of Liechtenstein but has a history which is often synonimous with the fate and history of the country. Vaduz castle was owned by the Wardenberg family up to the 15th century and whoever ruled over the region has its seat in Vaduz Castle. It was in 1719 when the principality of Vaduz was united with Schellenberg under the Liechtenstein family and became the principality known today. Today, Vaduz is the political, economical and cultural centre of the country.
Vaduz has a good history museum where you will see an interesting exhibition about the history of the country. The modern art museum has exhibits of renown modern artists while the post museum is recommended to those people interested in philately. Other places of interest include Vaduz Castle, the old wooden Rhine Bridge and St. Florin's Cathedral. To eat and sleep, most places here are far out of range for the budget traveller. Liechtenstein's largest city and transport hub, Schaan, is a neighbour to Vaduz and can be reached by bus or even walking. Options there are a little cheaper than in Vaduz but still far more expensive than in most of western Europe.
- Pros:Nice town, good museums and surrounded by beautiful landscape
- Cons:One of the most expensive places I've ever been too
It began its life as an English pub called „Old Castle Inn“ and went the way many pubs in England went as well. It... more travel advice
The Alps are probably not the best known region for wine, but in Liechtenstein wine culture is well alive and... more travel advice
Airpunk's Related Pages
Vaduz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "...looks like home..."
- "Vaduz Center"
- "Day trip"
- "Vaduz - Liechtenstein's wealthy capital"
- "Va Va Vaduz!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vaduz
- Hotels in Vaduz
- Transportation in Vaduz
- Restaurants in Vaduz
- Warnings and Dangers in Vaduz
- See All...
Explore the World
- Baton Rouge Hotels
- Crete Island
- Playa del Carmen
- Province of Tarlac
- Nizwa Hotels
- Wear Valley Hotels
- Kampung Tekek Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- New Zealand
- Saint-Gilles-les Bains Hotels
- Charleston Lake Hotels
- Wichita Falls
- Pulau Perhentian Besar
Badges & Stats in Vaduz
- 11 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Vaduz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vaduz
Photos in VaduzSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 102 reviews, 227 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 69 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 94 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 77 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 51 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 33 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- York Intro, 37 reviews, 108 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (18)
Latest Vaduz hotel reviews
- Hotel Restaurant Real
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013