"Maribor - Slovenia's #2" Top 5 Page for this destination Maribor by Airpunk
Maribor Travel Guide: 397 reviews and 1,051 photos
Ljubljana is by far the largest town in Slovenia and next to the popular outdoor destinations like the Julian Alps, Bled, Postojna and the adriatic coast, a very popular place for tourists. However, you should put Maribor on your list, if you are looking for a daytrip to see a mid-sized slovenian town. Maribor is a kind of provincial capital with its 100 000 inhabitans. Its beautiful old town makes it a nice place to visit and although it is also a lively town with open minded people, it is surely less cosmopolitan than Ljubljana.
I visited Maribor in 2006 on a daytrip from Ljubljana. This was enough to get an overview, but it didn't give me enough time to visit museums or do similar time-consuming activities to explore the town. Despite that, it started to rain at noon which spoiled the trip a little....
- Pros:nice old town, easy to reach from Ljubljana
- Cons:weather can become very nasty...
Slovenian trains are punctual, clean and sometimes even exceed western standradts. The Intercity Slovenia, which is used... more travel advice
You will find Maribor's town hall at Glavni Trg, at the southern end of the pedestrian zone, just a few meters aways... more travel advice
Airpunk's Related Pages
Maribor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "another capital of wine and festivals"
- "Maribor - Slovenia's #2"
- "Old Vine, good Wine and a good Time"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maribor
- Hotels in Maribor
- Transportation in Maribor
- Nightlife in Maribor
- Restaurants in Maribor
- Shopping in Maribor
- Warnings and Dangers in Maribor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maribor
- 22 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Maribor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maribor
Photos in MariborSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 115 reviews, 271 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 102 reviews, 227 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 69 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 77 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 51 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos
- Riga Intro, 51 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 33 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues