"Antigua's little sister" Barbuda by Airpunk

Barbuda Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos

The State of Antigua and Barbuda consists of three larger islands (Antigua, Barbuda and Redonda) and several smaller ones. Barbuda is often seen as Antgiua’s little sister and with a population of only around 1500 inhabitants, it is a very tiny sisterr. However, it is in size almost as large as Antigua making it one of the less populated islands in the Caribbean. This made Barbuda a popular daytrip destination for toursist coming from Antigua. Unfortunately, a day is not enough to enjoy the island without being hurried from one point to another. Nature lovers will find enough for a couple of days. This does not only include the frigate bird sanctuary, but also kilometers of unspoilt beaches and natural caves.
I did not have the time to enjoy the full beauty of Barbuda and due to a problem with the scale of a map, I even saw less than expected. But having five hours for myself without seeing any other human soul was the most relaxing thing I have done for years. And having done this in Barbuda makes it even better.

• Pros:Beautiful Beach
  • Cons:Not easy to reach
  • Last visit to Barbuda: Feb 2008
  • Intro Written Apr 11, 2008

Airpunk

“When I have money, I spend it for travelling. If I still have some, I spend it for food and clothing...”

Badges & Stats in Barbuda

Have you been to Barbuda?

Latest Activity in Barbuda