"Dordrecht - home of the de Witt brothers" Top 5 Page for this destination Dordrecht by Airpunk
Dordrecht Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 253 photos
Dordrecht is an old town with a large historical background. It has a wonderful old town, an impressive old church and is the home of the de Witt brothers. Oh yes, and by the way, it can claim to be the cradle of the dutch nation: It was here where the representatives of some dutch cities came together to confirm William of Orange as their leader and organize the revolution against Spain which would lead to independence.
Dordrecht, which is also called "Dordt" by the locals, is a growing town and just a few kilometers away from Rotterdam to the southeast. It has around 120 000 inhabitants. Tourism plays a great role, although not in the same way like in Amsterdam or Delft. It's worth a visit, if you have a longer stay in Rotterdam, but it hasn't enough to offer to stay more than a day.
- Pros:Beautiful old town, impressive church (with great view from top)
- Cons:Too small for more than a day
Dordrecht's Nieuwkerk is a little outside the city center, but very near to the Groothoofdspoort. The church is from the... more travel advice
This city gate from 1618 is the second city gate (the other is the Catherijnepoort) which is still remaining from the... more travel advice
Airpunk's Related Pages
Dordrecht Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Retracing footsteps in Dordrecht"
- "Dordrecht, a beautiful historical island"
- "Dordrecht - home of the de Witt brothers"
- "Dordrecht, The Netherlands"
- "irisbe's new Dordrecht Page"
- "The oldest city of Holland"
- "Dordrecht, the oldest city of Holland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dordrecht
- Hotels in Dordrecht
- Transportation in Dordrecht
- Nightlife in Dordrecht
- Restaurants in Dordrecht
- Shopping in Dordrecht
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dordrecht
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Dordrecht?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dordrecht
Photos in DordrechtSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 102 reviews, 227 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 69 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 94 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 77 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 51 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 33 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- York Intro, 37 reviews, 108 photos