"Woudrichem - a small medieval town" Woudrichem by Airpunk
Woudrichem Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 72 photos
Woudrichem is a small town which still has its medieval earth wall fortifications. Throughout the centuries, not many changes took place in the old town. This makes Woudrichem’s old town an especially beautiful one. The origins of the town on this strategically important point remian rather unknwon, but it is estimated that Woudrichem was founded in the 9th century. It gained city rights in 1356. The town is a popular destination for a daytrip, especially in combination with Slot Loevestein and the bigger town of Gorinchem. The weather on that day was particulary bad and reached ist peak during my stay in Woudrichem. That explains the darkness on most pictures - it was just around 3 pm...
Some old buildings in the old town have some details which are not obvious at the first view. Take a look at the old... more travel advice
„Nooit Gedagt“ is the name of a windmill which is in use. Built between 1990 and 1995, it is rather young and replaced a... more travel advice
Airpunk's Related Pages
Woudrichem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Short stop in Woudrichem"
- "Woudrichem - a small medieval town"
- "Beautiful preserved Medieval town"
- "A small medieval town"
- "Woudrichem, Loevestein and more"
- "A SPECIAL TRAVELOGUE ON : WOUDRICHEM......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Woudrichem
- Hotels in Woudrichem
- Transportation in Woudrichem
- Restaurants in Woudrichem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Woudrichem
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Woudrichem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woudrichem
Photos in WoudrichemSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 102 reviews, 227 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 69 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 94 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 77 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 51 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 33 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- York Intro, 37 reviews, 108 photos