"A rainy day in King's Lynn" Top 5 Page for this destination King's Lynn by Airpunk
King's Lynn Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 58 photos
King's Lynn is another good example for a formerly important English harbour which has lost its importance in the past centuries. That means that it has several monuments reminding of a past glory which makes it a good daytrip destination. The heydays of King's Lynn lie back in the middle ages when it was England's main port. The city was part of the Hanseatic League and is home of England's only remaining building of this powerful merchants' union. Other old buildings dat mainly from the 16th and 17th century. The local museum has an excellent exhibition on "Seahenge", a ritual place comparable to "Stonehenge", but made of wood and located in what is now the North Sea.
My enjoyment about the city trip to King's Lynn was limited. First, it was raining all day long. Then, I had only a couple of hours time. And a couple of weeks after returning, a computer crash combined with a failed backup killed most of my King's Lynn pictures. Nevertheless, I would like to return to get a better impression of this city.
- Pros:Some interesting things to see
- Cons:Its glorious days are long gone
As many other medeival cities, King's Lynn was home to a mighty monastery - in this case, a Franciscan one. After the... more travel advice
Airpunk's Related Pages
King's Lynn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "King's Lynn - an historic port city"
- "King's Lynn, aka Lynn Regis"
- "A rainy day in King's Lynn"
- "HOUGHTON HALL PICTURES"
- "Kings Lynn - North West Norfolk"
- "it was a cold and wet december day ..."
- "A Maritime marvel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in King's Lynn
- Hotels in King's Lynn
- Transportation in King's Lynn
- Nightlife in King's Lynn
- Restaurants in King's Lynn
- Shopping in King's Lynn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in King's Lynn
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to King's Lynn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in King's Lynn
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 102 reviews, 227 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 69 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 94 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 77 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 51 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 33 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- York Intro, 37 reviews, 108 photos