"A rainy day in King's Lynn" Top 5 Page for this destination King's Lynn by Airpunk

King's Lynn Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 58 photos

King's Lynn is another good example for a formerly important English harbour which has lost its importance in the past centuries. That means that it has several monuments reminding of a past glory which makes it a good daytrip destination. The heydays of King's Lynn lie back in the middle ages when it was England's main port. The city was part of the Hanseatic League and is home of England's only remaining building of this powerful merchants' union. Other old buildings dat mainly from the 16th and 17th century. The local museum has an excellent exhibition on "Seahenge", a ritual place comparable to "Stonehenge", but made of wood and located in what is now the North Sea.

My enjoyment about the city trip to King's Lynn was limited. First, it was raining all day long. Then, I had only a couple of hours time. And a couple of weeks after returning, a computer crash combined with a failed backup killed most of my King's Lynn pictures. Nevertheless, I would like to return to get a better impression of this city.

• Pros:Some interesting things to see
  • Cons:Its glorious days are long gone
  • Last visit to King's Lynn: May 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 11, 2012

Comments

Airpunk

“When I have money, I spend it for travelling. If I still have some, I spend it for food and clothing...”

Badges & Stats in King's Lynn

Have you been to King's Lynn?

Latest Activity in King's Lynn