San Marino Transportation Tips by Airpunk Top 5 Page for this destination
San Marino Transportation: 26 reviews and 33 photos
Funivia as seen from Borgo Maggiore
The funicular connects Borgo Maggiore with San Marino’s capital on the Monte Titano. If you would like to see that San Marino is more than a cream coloured historical Disneyland or want to visit the Ferrari museum (which I didn’t found…), then use the funicular to take a break from the masses of tourists. If you want to go to San Marino by car, a popular way is to leave the car at the parking lot in Borgo Maggiore and use the funicular to San Marino.
The Funivia station is close to the Basilica.
San Marino's coach station
The easiest and most popular way to get to San Marino is taking the coach from Rimini. It is surely also an interesting alternative for people travelling by car as parking lots are hard to find in the old town of San Marino. A return ticket costs 8,00 EUR (April 2006). The coach runs once an hour during the high season, but less frequently off-season.
The driver was not the friendliest one and didn't allow me to take my backpack (which was really not that large) into the passenger cabin. I had to put it down into the hold and it was almost black when I took it out...
More Reviews (16)
Airpunk's Related Pages
San Marino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Marino - World's oldest republic"
- "The small state on the mighty Monte Titano"
- "A jump into the past"
- "San Marino"
- "San Marino"
- "San marino-A tiny little gem!"
- "~~~~REPUBBLICA DI SAN MARINO~~~~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Marino
- Hotels in San Marino
- Transportation in San Marino
- Nightlife in San Marino
- Restaurants in San Marino
- Shopping in San Marino
- Warnings and Dangers in San Marino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Marino
- 18 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to San Marino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Marino
Photos in San MarinoSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 115 reviews, 271 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 102 reviews, 227 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 69 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 77 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 51 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos
- Riga Intro, 51 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 33 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues