"Fano - almost unknown outside of Italy" Fano by Airpunk
Fano Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 47 photos
If there was a big surprise during my trip I made to Italy in April of 2006, it was Fano. The town, mentioned in most non-italian travel guides with no more than four lines, has preserved most of its medieval city wall and is located at the adriatic coast. Although tourism is developed, not many foreign tourists have found this beautiful small town. Fano has around 60 000 inhabitants and was already mentioned in the times of the roman empire as Fanum.
Totally unprepared for Fano, I walked through the old town without the slughtest idea wherre I have really been. The old town is full of surprises - with many small streets where you get lost quickly. A map will help you find back to the train station, to your car or wherever you want to go after strrolling through Fano.
- In a nutshell:It’s like Rimini – just without the touristical invasion and better preserved
Fano is located on the Rimini-Ancona railway. Most regional train and few interregional trains stop there, granting... more travel advice
Coming from the train station, the first part of the old town you will see will be a corner of the old city wall. This... more travel advice
Airpunk's Related Pages
Fano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fano - almost unknown outside of Italy"
- "The seaside city of Fano."
- "My Second Home"
- "A nice little town between Rimini and Ancona"
- "Fano: Second Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fano
- Transportation in Fano
- Nightlife in Fano
- Restaurants in Fano
- Warnings and Dangers in Fano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fano
- 10 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Fano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fano
- Commented on one of Airpunk's Fano travel pages
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: Best City to Stay in Germany..."
- updated a Fano Travel Page "Fano - almost unknown outside of Italy"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fano - almost unknown outside of Italy"
- Wrote a Review By train to Fano in Fano Transportation
Photos in FanoSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 102 reviews, 227 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 69 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 94 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 77 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 51 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos
- Riga Intro, 51 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 33 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues