"Fano - almost unknown outside of Italy" Fano by Airpunk

Fano Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 47 photos

If there was a big surprise during my trip I made to Italy in April of 2006, it was Fano. The town, mentioned in most non-italian travel guides with no more than four lines, has preserved most of its medieval city wall and is located at the adriatic coast. Although tourism is developed, not many foreign tourists have found this beautiful small town. Fano has around 60 000 inhabitants and was already mentioned in the times of the roman empire as Fanum.

Totally unprepared for Fano, I walked through the old town without the slughtest idea wherre I have really been. The old town is full of surprises - with many small streets where you get lost quickly. A map will help you find back to the train station, to your car or wherever you want to go after strrolling through Fano.

• In a nutshell:It’s like Rimini – just without the touristical invasion and better preserved
  • Last visit to Fano: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 30, 2007

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2008 at 8:58 AM

I have never heard of Fano before. A place in Italy without many tourists? Someday, I will have to visit! Cheers, Bill

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2008 at 11:43 AM

You are a great traveller, and find us some cool surprises of ITALIA!!!

• Jan 30, 2007 at 9:11 AM

I haven't spent much time in Italy...but maybe I should! Nice page Karl... you certainly manage to find some off the beaten track places! :))

Airpunk

“When I have money, I spend it for travelling. If I still have some, I spend it for food and clothing...”

Badges & Stats in Fano