"Pesaro - Marche harbour town" Pesaro by Airpunk
Pesaro Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 48 photos
Although close to popular touristical destinations like Rimini, San Marino or Urbino, Pesaro is rather unknown to non-italian tourists. Nevertheless, it is a nice daytrip destination with a beautiful old town and access to the adriatic coast. I visited Pesaro during my 2006 trip to Italy, after having spent the morning in a museum in Rimini. In a single afternoon, you can see the most important buildings of the town and get an impression.
I don’t want to make Pesaro bad. It is a nice small town and should be considered as destination, if you are somewhere in this region. However, if you want to visit a mid-sized town in this region, I would prefer neighbouring Fano.
Pesaro has around 90 000 inhabitants and is popular among italian tourists. The town can look back onto a very long history. The town was already known in etruscan times as “Pisaurum”. In renaissance times, it flourished under the rule of the Sforza family.
This is the cathedral Basilica, built in the 5th centurry on the sites of a roman sacntuary. At least, I hope that it is... more travel advice
Piazza del Popolo is the central square of the town and a typical italian old town square with all its palaces around... more travel advice
Airpunk's Related Pages
Pesaro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pesaro in 3 hours!"
- "Pesaro - Marche harbour town"
- "One day ..."
- "My visit to Pesaro in Italy."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pesaro
- Hotels in Pesaro
- Transportation in Pesaro
- Shopping in Pesaro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pesaro
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Pesaro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pesaro
Photos in PesaroSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 102 reviews, 227 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 69 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 94 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 77 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 51 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 33 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- York Intro, 37 reviews, 108 photos