"Pesaro - Marche harbour town" Pesaro by Airpunk

Pesaro Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 48 photos

Although close to popular touristical destinations like Rimini, San Marino or Urbino, Pesaro is rather unknown to non-italian tourists. Nevertheless, it is a nice daytrip destination with a beautiful old town and access to the adriatic coast. I visited Pesaro during my 2006 trip to Italy, after having spent the morning in a museum in Rimini. In a single afternoon, you can see the most important buildings of the town and get an impression.

I don’t want to make Pesaro bad. It is a nice small town and should be considered as destination, if you are somewhere in this region. However, if you want to visit a mid-sized town in this region, I would prefer neighbouring Fano.

Pesaro has around 90 000 inhabitants and is popular among italian tourists. The town can look back onto a very long history. The town was already known in etruscan times as “Pisaurum”. In renaissance times, it flourished under the rule of the Sforza family.

• Last visit to Pesaro: Apr 2006
  • Intro Written Sep 4, 2007

• Sep 4, 2007 at 10:18 AM

Another lovely new page! I really should explore more of Italy one of these days! :))

Airpunk

“When I have money, I spend it for travelling. If I still have some, I spend it for food and clothing...”

Badges & Stats in Pesaro