"Rimini - Attention: History awaits you!" Rimini by Airpunk
Rimini Travel Guide: 270 reviews and 626 photos
Rimini is associated with beach partys, sunshine and a large tourism industry. It is a place popular with locals as well as people from all over Europe. The reasons I chose Rimni as a destination has almost nothing to do with that. When travelling on my own, I prefer to do the cultural stuff and walk a lot. So, this Rimini page focuses on all the things the average Rimini tourists does not see. Little do people know about the historical center :) (It is to the WEST of the central station, AWAY from the beach for those who haven't seen it...). Fortunately, many other VTers are thinking also in this or a similar way, so that my page is not that remarkable..
The city was an important town of trade under the rule of the Malatesta family in the 13th century. Many buildings from this era are still standing, unfortunately, many structures are not well preserved. This is something you will see in other nearby cities - maybe it's just because of the abundance of history this region has.
Three routes, each one focusing on a single epoch of history, are marked in the city center and are easy to follow. The boards standing close to the sights will give you some background information. An aviation museum is located to to the west of the city - the idea to place such a museum on a hill was surely not the best and results in a small variety of aircraft. Italia in miniatura follows the concept of Den Haag's Madurodam, showing famous italian sights in a scale of 1:25 and 1:50. Rimini is also a good point to stay and start daytrips throughout the region, for example to the old city of Ravenna or the Monte Titano in San Marino. Want to get more details? Explore my tips!
- Pros:So much to see in this region
- Cons:It must be horrible in summer!
In WWII, soldiers from all over the world helped to free Europe from Nazi Germany and their fascist allies. Among the... more travel advice
Piazza Cavour is one of the main squares in the city center with a couple of sights: The Fontanella della pigna (pine... more travel advice
Airpunk's Related Pages
Rimini Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rimini ~ so Much More than beaches!"
- "Rimini - more than just a beach resort"
- "the city I want to live in"
- "Rimini - more than just beaches"
- "RIMINI RIMINI"
- "Rimini - Attention: History awaits you!"
- "THE 5 RIMINI'S"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rimini
- Hotels in Rimini
- Transportation in Rimini
- Nightlife in Rimini
- Restaurants in Rimini
- Shopping in Rimini
- Warnings and Dangers in Rimini
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rimini
- 19 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Rimini?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rimini
Photos in RiminiSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 102 reviews, 227 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 69 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 94 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 77 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 51 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos
- Riga Intro, 51 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 33 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues