"Watch me go..." Airpunk's Profile
I am a 30somehting year old guy from Germany with venezuelan roots. It is a nice country, but it currently suffers from political trouble which has kept me away from visiting the country. Many parts of Venezuela are still safe for travel, but that is not the country I used to know. I hope that it will change in the future, but in the meanwhile, there are still a lot of other places to visit:
I work for the airline industry, so that I am well informed about airlines and flight routes. That inspires me to fly to many places all over the world. Unfortunately, due to lack of time and money, most of these dreams are not to be realized in the near future. Thanks to the low cost carriers, I will see at least some european places within the next few years.
Sometimes I think, that I live in a world consisting of airlines and airplanes. That just means that I work too much...
When I started doing low-cost trips on my own in 2004, I would never have dreamt of flying over 30 legs a year and seeing an average of three new countries and dozens of new destinations every year. It led to extensive planning of flights and ground transport connections as well as sleeping opportunities in between them. The page www.sleepinginairports.net has provided me with useful information and gives you a hint of what I do between flights. Therefore, London/Stansted Airport has become an essential part of my trips and to my friends I say that it is my second home in Essex. When I recently saw this cigarette box, I couldn't resist to redesign it...
I try to explore things on my own. On most trips, I use to walk a lot. This is sometimes not the easiest way, but the one I enjoy the most. My reward is an unique view on culture and landscapes that I would miss otherwise.
When I tried to get on the top of a hill at Los Roques (Venezuela), I walked trough a field of rocks and dry bushes and when I reached the lighthouse, I discovered a path which led to the top form the other side. I still don't regret that I used the less comfortable way.
Nederland, oh Nederland! I just like this country, its cities, its language, just its own way to be. I just don't like the weather, which is similar to that one in Germany. At least, that's what I heard, because I have been lucky with it. Most people just think of Amsterdam and windmills. But most people miss Rotterdam, the second largest city of the country. Yes, Rotterdam is worth a visit! Far away from tourist masses, this city offers you an interesting cityscapes and a lot of events. Call me crazy, but it became my favourite destination.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,211 Reviews
- 5,605 Photos
- 37 Countries
- 152 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
- created a Wiesbaden Travel Page "Wiesbaden - Hesse's Capital and Ducal Residence"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wiesbaden - Hesse's Capital and Ducal Residence"
- Wrote a Review Ludwigskirche in Speyer Things to Do
- Commented on one of Airpunk's Ravenna travel pages
- Airpunk and King_Golo are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Watch me go..."
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: Best City to Stay in Germany..."
PhotosSee All Photos (5605)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 102 reviews, 227 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 69 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 94 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 77 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 51 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 44 reviews, 145 photos
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 33 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- York Intro, 37 reviews, 108 photos