"Watch me go..." Airpunk's Profile

I am a 30somehting year old guy from Germany with venezuelan roots. It is a nice country, but it currently suffers from political trouble which has kept me away from visiting the country. Many parts of Venezuela are still safe for travel, but that is not the country I used to know. I hope that it will change in the future, but in the meanwhile, there are still a lot of other places to visit:

My own little airline world I

I work for the airline industry, so that I am well informed about airlines and flight routes. That inspires me to fly to many places all over the world. Unfortunately, due to lack of time and money, most of these dreams are not to be realized in the near future. Thanks to the low cost carriers, I will see at least some european places within the next few years.
Sometimes I think, that I live in a world consisting of airlines and airplanes. That just means that I work too much...

My own little airline world II

When I started doing low-cost trips on my own in 2004, I would never have dreamt of flying over 30 legs a year and seeing an average of three new countries and dozens of new destinations every year. It led to extensive planning of flights and ground transport connections as well as sleeping opportunities in between them. The page www.sleepinginairports.net has provided me with useful information and gives you a hint of what I do between flights. Therefore, London/Stansted Airport has become an essential part of my trips and to my friends I say that it is my second home in Essex. When I recently saw this cigarette box, I couldn't resist to redesign it...

Enjoy the blisters on your feet!

I try to explore things on my own. On most trips, I use to walk a lot. This is sometimes not the easiest way, but the one I enjoy the most. My reward is an unique view on culture and landscapes that I would miss otherwise.
When I tried to get on the top of a hill at Los Roques (Venezuela), I walked trough a field of rocks and dry bushes and when I reached the lighthouse, I discovered a path which led to the top form the other side. I still don't regret that I used the less comfortable way.

Rotterwhat?

Nederland, oh Nederland! I just like this country, its cities, its language, just its own way to be. I just don't like the weather, which is similar to that one in Germany. At least, that's what I heard, because I have been lucky with it. Most people just think of Amsterdam and windmills. But most people miss Rotterdam, the second largest city of the country. Yes, Rotterdam is worth a visit! Far away from tourist masses, this city offers you an interesting cityscapes and a lot of events. Call me crazy, but it became my favourite destination.

• Intro Updated May 4, 2011

• DeeQuita's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2014 at 4:32 AM

Superschöne Travel-Pages. Interessant bereichtet und inspirierend. 1001 Dank und weiter so. (Ich KANN gar nicht anders, als Grüße in die Nachbarschaft zu schicken, und weiterhin viele schöne Reisen zu wünschen!)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Karl, thanks a lot for checking out my Luxembourg page. It is definitely well worth a visit.

• ThamerAlnbit's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2014 at 10:47 AM

You have a very beautiful picture , I hope to be friends

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Hello, Karl! Many happy returns of the day!)

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Hey Victor - thnak you very much for your birthday wishes. I appreciate it very much. Wish you all the best - Karl

• jayjayc's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Happy happy bday! Cheers!

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM

"The question isn't how old but how well" - thanks for the compliments, JayJay :) and of course - thank your for oyur birthday wishes. All the best - Karl

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Best wishes for a happy birthday! Hope all is going great.

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Hey Bill - thanks for your birthday wishes. How are you doing ? Best ergards from northern Germany - Karl

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Hey Maynard. Thanks a lot for yourbirthday wishes. The fun is coming te following weekend when I go to an inerview to Frankfurt and visit my friends in Mainz afterwards :) All the best - Karl

• kevinism's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Happy birthday!!

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Hi Kevin - thanks a lot for your birthday wishes ad well as for dropping by. Keep on with your good work with VT! Best wishes from northern Germany -Karl

• isolatedpawn's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday to you

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Hey Emmanuel - thanks a lot for your birthday wishes. Have a very nice weekend! All the best - Karl

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Greeting again, Happy birthday to you.

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Hi there - thank you very much for your birthday wishes - my best wishes to Malaysia which ist still one of my favourite countries :) All the best - Karl

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Airpunk's Profile Photo

Airpunk

“When I have money, I spend it for travelling. If I still have some, I spend it for food and clothing...”

Location