"The BIG one - Qomolangma, Sagarmatha or Mt.Everest" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Everest by tremendopunto
Mount Everest Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 228 photos
I had planned to go on the Everest Trek, all the way via Kala Pattar to the Everest Base Camp......but the change of temperatures from the Indian Thar desrt to Kathmandu during monsoon gave me a bad cold with fever. So I had to cancel my trekking dream, before I could start it.... But therefore I had two other opportunities to the one and only Mt.Everest.
My first view on this magnificent mountain was taken on my return flight from Bhutan. The clouds cover all the mountainrange with big names like Lhotse, Makalu and Choy Oyu - except one peak, the peak of the highest mountain of this planet, Mt.Everest.
This view is of course not what you can call watching by "fair means".
But my second possibility from Tingri/Tibet show a "fair" view on the mountain, called Qomolangma by Tibetans and Sagarmata by the Nepali people. We stood for ours in Tingri watching the Mt. Everest hiding behind clouds (hours, because the road was closed due to rebuilding anyway). Even if the was no perfect view on it, the scene of this montain range is incredibly fascinating!
Later, shortly behind Tingri Monsieur Forclaz from Switzerland took this picture and did not forget to send it to me. Mr. Forclaz deserves all the credit for capturing this beautiful moment!
You could say it is just another mountain......and since the base camp starts at a height of approx. 5.200m, the peak itself has just the same relative height from there (difference of 3.648m) like many other mountains.......BUT NO forget this idea!
This mountain really is so spectacular - it just catches you! You can understand why mountaineers get so posessed by this peak...it is fascinating!
Just take a look at this peak, can you imagine someone standing here while you fly past this place by plane?
You cant?!? Well, than check out my short clip: short summary clip
I had planned to go on the Everest Trek, all the way via Kala Pattar to the Everest Base Camp......but the change of... more travel advice
Right on the Friendship Highway on the way from Kathmandu to Lhasa you will come along Tingri (4390m), a few houses... more travel advice
tremendopunto's Related Pages
Mount Everest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE TOP OF THE WORLD"
- "The BIG one - Qomolangma, Sagarmatha or Mt.Everest"
- "Everest base camp"
- "Mount Everest & Surroundings From The Air"
- "Have you ever been on top of the World?"
- "Why not!?!"
- "JUMPING OVER MT EVEREST!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Everest
- Hotels in Mount Everest
- Transportation in Mount Everest
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Everest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Everest
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Mount Everest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Everest
- Posted in Travel Pakistan Forum "Re: Would I Be Stupid..."
- updated a Mount Everest Travel Page "The BIG one - Qomolangma, Sagarmatha or Mt.Everest"
- Wrote a Review View over Mt.Everest by airplane in Mount Everest Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "The BIG one - Qomolangma, Sagarmatha or Mt.Everest"
Photos in Mount EverestSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 67 reviews, 269 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 32 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 41 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 45 reviews, 120 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 38 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Luang Prabang Intro, 34 reviews, 117 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 21 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 19 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Borobudur Intro, 14 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues