"Luang Prabang - a Pearl of Indochina" Luang Prabang by tremendopunto
Luang Prabang Travel Guide: 1,014 reviews and 2,541 photos
Luang Prabang is the perfect place to take it easy and relax for a couple of days - despite being quite touristy, they keep it real in Luang Prabang with a well kept fusion of traditional Lao and French Colonial style - concerning architecture as well as the cuisine.
New buildings have to be in either one of these typical architectures - there are no ugly skyhigh tourist hotels in this town.
And the food.....what can I say about the food?
Wait for my tips on the one and only riverweed with garlic, sesame and chili or the Green Elephant or just the hundreds of street stalls with fresh baguette or street grills with Mekong fish, cafes, restaurant terraces along the riverside.....or....or...or......
But why writing when a pic says more than a thousand words, my Luang Prabang Video Part I and Part II tell more than 1000 pics...
But the biggest surprise was bumping into a fellow VT-member while walking along a night market......XUESSIUM! Check out his detailed Luang Prabang page to get a better impression.
My page is still under construction and that will take a while.....I have too many construction grounds at once.....
tremendopunto's Related Pages
Luang Prabang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It Really is the Jewel of the Jewel of SE Asia"
- "Luang Prabang: The Cheeky Monk"
- "A rare jewel in the Mekong Jungles"
- "World Heritage wonderland."
- "IMPREXXION: LUANG PRABANG"
- "Luang Prabang ~ Charming Town By the Mekong River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Luang Prabang
- Hotels in Luang Prabang
- Transportation in Luang Prabang
- Nightlife in Luang Prabang
- Restaurants in Luang Prabang
- Shopping in Luang Prabang
- Warnings and Dangers in Luang Prabang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luang Prabang
- 34 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Luang Prabang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luang Prabang
- Posted in Travel Pakistan Forum "Re: Would I Be Stupid..."
- Commented on one of King_Golo's Luang Prabang travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Morning (Wet) Market"
- created a Luang Prabang Travelogue "Morning (Wet) Market of Luang Prabang"
- Wrote a Review Beautiful mosaics of Wat Xieng Tong in Luang Prabang Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Luang Prabang
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 67 reviews, 269 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 32 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 41 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 45 reviews, 120 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 38 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Luang Prabang Intro, 34 reviews, 117 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 21 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 19 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Borobudur Intro, 14 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues