"From Varansi via Gorakhpur and Sonauli to Nepal" Gorakhpur by tremendopunto
Gorakhpur Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 3 photos
My plan was going on from Varansi to Nepal. I wanted to save some time and I read that there is a dirct fight connection for some 74 USD and that you even get some 20% off if you are younger than 30.....that was the theory.
In REALITY I found out, that flights are restricted to main season, which was still some weeks ahead, plus prices have changed to 165 USD. Well, the time was what I could not waste, so I had to think about the other way:
I took the train to Gorakhpur over night (sleeper was 87 Rs), jumped on a bus to the bordertown, walked over the border, jumped in a shared taxi and went all the way to Kathmandu in a complete 23h ride....
Of course there were the typical transportation experiences like my seat broke down, everything was was over-crowded, the shared taxi ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere and so on.......but hell yeah, I made it!
tremendopunto's Related Pages
Gorakhpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Varansi via Gorakhpur and Sonauli to Nepal"
- "PRIME-TIME OF MY LIFE"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gorakhpur
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Gorakhpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gorakhpur
Photos in GorakhpurSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 67 reviews, 269 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 32 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 41 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 45 reviews, 120 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 38 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Luang Prabang Intro, 34 reviews, 117 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 21 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 19 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Borobudur Intro, 14 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues