"The city and more" Bangkok by yukisanto

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,365 reviews and 23,038 photos

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Bangkok is shopping malls. And in fact, if you search for it, you'll find gems here. But there are way more than that, and I must admit, most of these come from the surrounding region rather than the city itself.

One thing I didn't like about bangkok was the pollution. It turned my white clothes into grey, my face broke out in pimples and I ended up with a cough.

I did like the european architecture in the palaces, the cool temperate climate along the death railway, the refreshing massages, the sidewalk yummy hawker food and the unique thai designers stuff.

We had our dinner nearly every night at roadside hawker stalls. fried seafood rice, tom yam soup, fried rice with chicken and basil.. a variety of dishes from 25-35 baht each. Washed it down with Leo beer. The boss doesn't speak english, but the menu was in thai and english, so we just pointed to the items on the menu and also what other patrons were eating (it smelled heavenly).

Other times, we'll just walk past a grilled food stall, and bought stuff from them. They grill the meat on the spot, and it's really piping hot. 15-20 baht.

Along the pratunum stretch at night. In the day, it's more dry food or finger food along the stretch near Platinum mall.

• Last visit to Bangkok: Jan 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 23, 2009

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok