"The city and more" Bangkok by yukisanto
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,527 reviews and 23,747 photos
The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Bangkok is shopping malls. And in fact, if you search for it, you'll find gems here. But there are way more than that, and I must admit, most of these come from the surrounding region rather than the city itself.
One thing I didn't like about bangkok was the pollution. It turned my white clothes into grey, my face broke out in pimples and I ended up with a cough.
I did like the european architecture in the palaces, the cool temperate climate along the death railway, the refreshing massages, the sidewalk yummy hawker food and the unique thai designers stuff.
We had our dinner nearly every night at roadside hawker stalls. fried seafood rice, tom yam soup, fried rice with chicken and basil.. a variety of dishes from 25-35 baht each. Washed it down with Leo beer. The boss doesn't speak english, but the menu was in thai and english, so we just pointed to the items on the menu and also what other patrons were eating (it smelled heavenly).
Other times, we'll just walk past a grilled food stall, and bought stuff from them. They grill the meat on the spot, and it's really piping hot. 15-20 baht.
Along the pratunum stretch at night. In the day, it's more dry food or finger food along the stretch near Platinum mall.
Bring an extra collapsible bag with you for all your victory goods. You'll need it, trust me. or you can buy that bag... more travel advice
If you have time, please visit this little known summer palace. there's a myriad of architectural styles to be seen in... more travel advice
yukisanto's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 13 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Taipei Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Osaka Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Taipei Shih Intro, 2 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Lang Tengah Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos