"The heart of the Barossa Valley!!!!!" Tanunda by adelaidean

Tanunda Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 18 photos

If you like good wine.......

The Barossa Valley is one of the best wine producing areas in Australia and it is only 1 hour away from Adelaide.
Whether it is a romantic weekender you are after, or just a day trip, there is so much to see and do.
You dont need to be a wine drinker to visit,and just the scenery and the quaint towns are a must to see!!!
There are so many wineries to choose from. There are the big wineries that would be known world wide, such as Penfolds and Jacobs Creek..to the little family owned wineries. They all welcome visitors,and its a great way to taste and experience some of our fantastic wines.
There are some large townships that you can visit, but Tanunda in my opinion is the best..It has so much to offer the visitor, from some great old pubs to some scrumptious little cafes!!

Hundreds of Palms!

If you want the easy directions to Seppeltsfield, then just follow the Palms. As soon as you turn off the main highway, they lead you all the way..and it must be at least four Kms. Its a real feature of this area, and is worth a visit! For more info on the area, check out my new tips on Seppeltsfield

• Pros:Lots of things to see and do
  • Cons:Nothing I can think of
  • In a nutshell:More than just wineries in the Barossa Valley
  • Last visit to Tanunda: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 19, 2006

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Nice page

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Lamb rack !!! That is exactly what I am busy with for fathers day - awaiting the family. Good tips here.

• rosie235's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2008 at 3:47 AM

thought of you both today as I listened to the eazy gas commercial. " we make gas as easy as you do.." lol...

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 12:52 AM

Wine tasting - just up our alley :)) I would also HATE smelling smoke in a hotel.. ugh! Have had that before. Disgusting. Lovely page Debs x

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 3:25 PM

it looks like a nice little place. a friend of mine from denmark moved down to that part of OZ a year ago to work in the wine industry and still lives there. i might just go and see her one day.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 7:44 PM

One of my favourite areas! Maybe a VT meet there one day (hint)?? I'm glad that you included Rockford, some of the best around IMHO.

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Sounds like you must be having fun then. :-)

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2007 at 8:39 PM

Must make it to the Barossa one day. Good tip about where not to stay! leyle

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2006 at 10:44 PM

Looks lovely for a weekend thing to do. My problem with wine tasting during the day is the red nose I get! Thats why I have to drink so much at night, to make up!

• jo104's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2006 at 1:18 AM

I love wine tasting coming from Cape Town, they don't seem to do it as a std in Europe though

adelaidean

“RIP Jeff....you will be so sadly missed xx”

Badges & Stats in Tanunda

Have you been to Tanunda?