"Victor Harbour...." Victor Harbour by adelaidean

Victor Harbour Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 120 photos

A lovely day out in South Australia

Victor Harbour is a great little seaside town south of Adelaide...It is approximately 100kms south of the capital city..and is worth a visit for everyone who visits this great state...On the weekends it becomes alive..with markets, fun fairs and of course the great outdoors...It began as a whaling station. The whales were captured and killed for their oil..After many years the whale population decreased...but now if you visit at the right time...you are nearly always promised the privilege of watching the whales at play....Its absolutely amazing!!!!

• Pros:So much to see and do!!!
  • Cons:lots of people
  • In a nutshell:One of the most beautiful sea side towns I have seen
  • Last visit to Victor Harbour: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2005

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Hi and Happy Easter! Are you off to the water this weekend? We are, with all the children and grandchildren. Lots of fun.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2008 at 1:38 PM

I really wish I had inspiration to finish this page myself... great tips!

• Homanded's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Glad to hear your floors are done! I'm getting ready to spend the rest of the week putting in hardwood floors in the two remaining bedrooms...wish me luck!

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2007 at 12:24 PM

We loved it here - time to explore SA again!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2007 at 10:59 PM

Fantastic tips and pic's. Thanks for sharing ;-)

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2007 at 3:30 AM

I haven't been to Victor Harbour in ... well, never mind how long! :-) Some new things, but thank you for bringing it back again!

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 6:25 AM

The weather is fine here. Maybe 15 C or so. You should be here. :-)

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2007 at 2:39 AM

Another sea fan. I can spend all day watching the sea, especially if there's a chance of seeing seals and porpoises. Unfortunately, we don't have penguins!

• youssef09's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 1:19 AM

victor harbour is absoulutly fantastic , manny thanks for sharing it , grreetings from so so so far

• rosie235's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2007 at 11:41 PM

love your new motto...!! have just had a house full of 10 year old boys all day.. now I know why I only have one child..lol..I love Victor Harbour. spent so much time there as a kid. many happy memories have come flooding back. thanks.

adelaidean

“RIP Jeff....you will be so sadly missed xx”

Badges & Stats in Victor Harbour

Have you been to Victor Harbour?

Latest Activity in Victor Harbour