"Beautiful Waterfront Quaint Town" Escanaba by mwenn2100
Escanaba Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 9 photos
Dating a boy from Michigan was beneficial for my wanderlust... it may not have worked out but I did get to see a lot of Michigan! :) He had taken me back quite a few times to visit friends and relatives which is always fun. He is originally from Escanaba so we headed up there (and to Stonginton) for a weekend.
Escanaba Michican is located in the UP about an hour from the Wisconsin border. It is located right on Lake Michigan and appeared to me to be a small town reminiscent of the past. I was expecting a very small town, and was surprised that it was so big. The lakefront is beautiful and most of the major roads run along the lake with great views.
Dowtown Escanaba is basically one big road lined with restaurants, shops and other businesses. This was the part that reminded me of old fashioned towns as half of the businesses were closed and/or boarded up. It appears as though Escanaba is in need of some new blood and perhaps some revamping, but it was charming just the way it was.
This is a small store that is very similar to any Hallmark Store. I'm a sucker for kitschy souveniers of the places I... more travel advice
ha ha ha.. just kidding about the title. After the brewery closed my new friends from Escanaba decided that no trip... more travel advice
mwenn2100's Related Pages
Escanaba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Waterfront Quaint Town"
- "MTRCOACH_MAN's new Escanaba Page"
- "Queen City of the Bay de Noc"
- "Home sweet Home"
- "Fun Run car show / Visiting Family"
- "E s c a n a b a"
- "Basaic Escanaba Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Escanaba
- Hotels in Escanaba
- Transportation in Escanaba
- Nightlife in Escanaba
- Restaurants in Escanaba
- Shopping in Escanaba
- Warnings and Dangers in Escanaba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Escanaba
- 6 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Escanaba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Escanaba
Top 10 Pages
- Barbados Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Grand Cayman Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Milwaukee 16 reviews, 3 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Chicago Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Houston Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Fish Creek 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Montreal Intro, 7 reviews