"Weathering through the weather @ Cape Breton" Cape Breton Highlands National Park by King_Golo

A saying about Cape Breton tells you that if you don't enjoy the weather there, you just need to wait 5 minutes and it'll have changed anyway... True words! When I arrived at the VIC of Cape Breton, I was told that sun is forecast and that the day will be fine - warm and dry. When I arrived at the entrance of Cape Breton Highlands NP, it was raining and becoming foggy. Another 20 minutes later, I couldn't see any further than 10m! Thereby, I missed a lot of spectacular views and interesting hikes. Fortunately, my second day in Cape Breton Highlands NP was much better. Blue sky, crisp air and a storm that shook my limbs and rattled my brains. Alas, perfect conditions for a nice hike down the Smokey Trail... but see for yourselves!

• Pros:great landscape
  • Cons:weather conditions often terrible
  • In a nutshell:Grab a warm coat and enjoy hiking!
  • Last visit to Cape Breton Highlands National Park: Sep 2007
  • Intro Written Oct 18, 2007

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2009 at 3:06 AM

Incredible photos. Driving through that fog sure looks scary.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2008 at 9:06 PM

It definitely looks like you have figured out what Cape Breton has to offer - and were prepared to put up with it! Beautiful photos and great descriptions of your adventures there. I like a bit of excitement myself!

• JohnniOmani's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Great page and I am glad you enjoyed my home, I miss it :) I will be back there December 14th for 3 weeks :) cheers

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2007 at 6:06 AM

Yikes, that's got to be the thickest fog I've ever seen... Great pics of the national park, though!

King_Golo

“A rolling stone gathers no moss”

Badges & Stats in Cape Breton Highlands National Park

Have you been to Cape Breton Highlands National Park?

Latest Activity in Cape Breton Highlands National Park