"Wonderful landscape" Parc de la Gaspésie by King_Golo
Parc de la Gaspésie Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 13 photos
La Gaspésie, or shorter Gaspé Peninsula is a part of Québec which is said to be pretty much different in terms of landscapes than the surrounding area. My guidebook told me that it looks kinda like Newfoundland - which I had to cross off of my travel list because of its distance to Nova Scotia and my lack of time. So i was happy to be able to see something newfoundlandish elsewhere.
Well, it didn't turn out like that. The parts I've seen of Gaspé Peninsula reminded me very much of the Alps in Europe. Hills with dense forests, wild rivers and blue sky... Only the masses of tourists that you're likely to encounter in the Alps were missing.
Nevertheless, la Gaspésie is a very beautiful piece of land and definitely worth a visit. I went there for only one day, but if I manage to go back, I'll surely stay longer.
- Pros:beautiful landscape
- Cons:lack of telephones and accomodations
- In a nutshell:Go there!
As there are only some remote campgrounds and a very expensive-looking hotel (Gîte du Mont Albert) in Parc National de... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Parc de la Gaspésie Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Parc de la Gaspésie
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Parc de la Gaspésie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parc de la Gaspésie
- Posted in Travel Stuttgart Forum "Re: neckar cruise"
- Commented on one of King_Golo's Parc de la Gaspésie tips
- Wrote a Review Cheap campground in... in Parc de la Gaspésie Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cheap campground in Sainte-Anne-des-Monts"
- created a Parc de la Gaspésie Travel Page "Wonderful landscape"
Photos in Parc de la GaspésieSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 63 reviews, 123 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues