"Wonderful landscape" Parc de la Gaspésie by King_Golo
Parc de la Gaspésie Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 14 photos
La Gaspésie or Gaspé Peninsula is a part of Québec which is said to be completely different from the surrounding area in terms of landscapes. According to my guidebook, it looks similar to Newfoundland - which I had to cross off of my travel list because of its distance to Nova Scotia and my lack of time. So i was happy to be able to see something newfoundlandish elsewhere.
Well, it didn't turn out like that. The parts I've seen of Gaspé Peninsula reminded me very much of European mountains: hills with dense forests, wild rivers and blue sky... Only the masses of tourists that you're likely to encounter in Europe were missing.
Nevertheless, la Gaspésie is a very beautiful piece of land and definitely worth a visit. I went there for only one day, but if I manage to go back, I'll surely stay longer.
- Pros:beautiful landscape
- Cons:lack of telephones and accommodation
- In a nutshell:Go there!
As there are only some remote campgrounds and a very expensive-looking hotel (Gîte du Mont Albert) in Parc National de... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Parc de la Gaspésie Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Parc de la Gaspésie
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Parc de la Gaspésie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parc de la Gaspésie
Photos in Parc de la GaspésieSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 82 reviews, 156 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue