"Wonderful landscape" Parc de la Gaspésie by King_Golo

Parc de la Gaspésie Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 14 photos

La Gaspésie or Gaspé Peninsula is a part of Québec which is said to be completely different from the surrounding area in terms of landscapes. According to my guidebook, it looks similar to Newfoundland - which I had to cross off of my travel list because of its distance to Nova Scotia and my lack of time. So i was happy to be able to see something newfoundlandish elsewhere.
Well, it didn't turn out like that. The parts I've seen of Gaspé Peninsula reminded me very much of European mountains: hills with dense forests, wild rivers and blue sky... Only the masses of tourists that you're likely to encounter in Europe were missing.
Nevertheless, la Gaspésie is a very beautiful piece of land and definitely worth a visit. I went there for only one day, but if I manage to go back, I'll surely stay longer.

Have a look at my Gaspé Peninsula tips, check out nearby Quebec City or Montreal, or continue your random journey through my pages here!

• Pros:beautiful landscape
  • Cons:lack of telephones and accommodation
  • In a nutshell:Go there!
  • Last visit to Parc de la Gaspésie: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 11, 2015

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Looks very nice ! I remember a salmon-filled river in Alaska, that was amazing !

• Nov 25, 2007 at 5:00 AM

nice little page with beautiful pics. i would have added the lack of phones/hotels to prons though:)

King_Golo

“A rolling stone gathers no moss”

Badges & Stats in Parc de la Gaspésie

Have you been to Parc de la Gaspésie?

Latest Activity in Parc de la Gaspésie