"Lunenburg - a rather dull UNESCO world heritage" Lunenburg by King_Golo
Lunenburg Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 239 photos
Lunenburg was a bit of a disappointment to me. The town is a UNESCO world heritage site because of its close to complete ensemble of wooden houses dating back to the 18th century. I expected a wonderful small town with lots of nice houses - but I found a touristy small town with some nice houses. As Atlantic Canada has thousands of wooden houses, those of Lunenburg are not really something new to the visitor even if they are older than most. Nevertheless, I spend some good time there. See my tips for more.
- Pros:everything within walking distance
- Cons:a bit dull
- In a nutshell:Soooo... that's it?!?
I was not lucky to see the sailboat "Bluenose II" in Halifax's harbour, but to my surprise, she swayed softly on the... more travel advice
Best discovered during a walk through the steep streets of Lunenburg, the town's architecture is what made it earn its... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Lunenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lunenburg - A Wonderful & Colourful Town"
- "LOVELY LUNENBURG"
- "LUNENBURG, NOVA SCOTIA"
- "A day-trip to Lunenburg, home of Bluenose II"
- "Lunenberg: Seacoast Jewel in Nova Scotia"
- "Lunenburg - a rather dull UNESCO world heritage"
- "UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lunenburg
- Hotels in Lunenburg
- Transportation in Lunenburg
- Nightlife in Lunenburg
- Restaurants in Lunenburg
- Shopping in Lunenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Lunenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lunenburg
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Lunenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lunenburg
Photos in LunenburgSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 63 reviews, 123 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues