"Lunenburg - a rather dull UNESCO world heritage" Lunenburg by King_Golo
Lunenburg Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 329 photos
Lunenburg was a bit of a disappointment to me. The town is a UNESCO world heritage site because of its close to complete ensemble of wooden houses dating back to the 18th century. I expected a wonderful small town with lots of nice houses - but I found a touristy small town with some nice houses. As Atlantic Canada has thousands of wooden houses, those of Lunenburg are not really something new to the visitor even if they are older than most. Nevertheless, I had a good time there.
- Pros:everything within walking distance
- Cons:a bit dull
- In a nutshell:Soooo... that's it?!?
I was not lucky to see the sailboat "Bluenose II" in Halifax's harbour, but to my surprise, she swayed softly on the... more travel advice
Best discovered during a walk through the steep streets of Lunenburg, the town's architecture is what made it earn its... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Lunenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lunenburg - A Wonderful & Colourful Town"
- "LOVELY LUNENBURG"
- "LUNENBURG, NOVA SCOTIA"
- "A day-trip to Lunenburg, home of Bluenose II"
- "So wonderful it is UNESCO rated."
- "Lunenberg: Seacoast Jewel in Nova Scotia"
- "Lunenburg - a rather dull UNESCO world heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lunenburg
- Hotels in Lunenburg
- Transportation in Lunenburg
- Nightlife in Lunenburg
- Restaurants in Lunenburg
- Shopping in Lunenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Lunenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lunenburg
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Lunenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lunenburg
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "Re: Last minute Highlands/Island..."
- updated a Lunenburg Travel Page "Lunenburg - a rather dull UNESCO world heritage"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lunenburg - a rather dull UNESCO world heritage"
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Lunenburg travel pages
- Wrote a Review Bluenose II in Lunenburg Things to Do
Photos in LunenburgSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 83 reviews, 159 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 40 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 45 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues