"Sea and Sand" Top 5 Page for this destination Nida by King_Golo
Nida Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 258 photos
Nida is the biggest town on the Lithuanian part of the Curonian Spit. This has to be seen in relation to the other villages which often only consist of some houses... Nida simply has some more houses!
The Curonian Spit is a 90km long peninsula stretching from Kaliningrad Oblast (Russian exclave) to Klaipeda (Lithuania). It's a place of pure nature - pinetree and birch forests, sand dunes, tranquil valleys, empty beaches... I'm not sure about the Russian side of the Spit, but Lithuania's part is a national park and thus you should behave according to certain rules, e.g. no wild camping, no campfires, no littering, no climbing up the steep sleeves of the dune and so on. Nature will be thankful!
This visit has been my second on the Curonian Spit and unfortunately I've again only made it to Nida and around. There's plenty to see and do for a day, but I'd also like to see Juodkrante, Smiltyne, Preila and Pervalka - the other villages. So I'll be back some time...
Unfortunately, I couldn't find a useful map of Nida on the web, but as this place is so small you'll hardly be able to get lost. There are many maps in Nida's centre anyway - and there are only two roads out of town, one leading to Klaipeda and one to Kaliningrad.
- Pros:tranquil nature, the sea and the Courland Lagoon
- Cons:too many tourists in summer, prices are higher than in other parts of Lithuania
- In a nutshell:Sea and Sand
Cycling the Spit is an interesting way to get to know this place. The terrain is flat so cycling is easy. There's hardly... more travel advice
Nida is famous for its weathervanes carved from wood. Some of the old wooden houses still use these weathervanes, but... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Nida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nida - Sand dunes and pine forests"
- "Nida in Curonian Spit National Park"
- "Sea and Sand"
- "The most unique and magical place in Lithuania"
- "Nida - a nice beach resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nida
- Hotels in Nida
- Transportation in Nida
- Nightlife in Nida
- Restaurants in Nida
- Shopping in Nida
- Warnings and Dangers in Nida
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nida
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Nida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nida
Photos in NidaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 63 reviews, 123 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues