"Estonia's summer capital - visited in spring" Top 5 Page for this destination Parnu by King_Golo

Parnu Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 171 photos

Pärnu is often nicknamed Estonia's summer capital - here's where people go to enjoy swimming in the sea, walk the sandy beaches and check out the spas. This means that in summertime Pärnu is full of people. During my visit in spring 2006, however, the town was pretty much devoid of visitors - a good time to come to avoid the crowds.

Spring meant late April - but the Baltic Sea in Pärnu Bay (Pärnu Laht in Estonian) was still frozen. Nevertheless, I walked around barefoot in the sand and actually witnessed a daredevil woman running into the ice-cold water with nothing more but a bikini on...

Have a look at my Pärnu tips, virtually visit Estonia's capital Tallinn or the lovely second-biggest city Tartu - or continue your virtual tour through my pages here!

• Pros:full of tourists in summer, no tourists in winter (choose yourself!)
  • Cons:pretty quiet in all seasons apart from summer
  • In a nutshell:Estonia's Summer Capital
  • Last visit to Parnu: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 4:39 AM

Interesting place. I stopped here for a short time... next time I'll visit its beach! Ciao

• May 7, 2006 at 1:23 AM

I like your photos! Pärnu in spring sounds really nice, I was there right in the middle of summer...

King_Golo

“A rolling stone gathers no moss”

Badges & Stats in Parnu