"Estonia's summer capital - visited in spring" Top 5 Page for this destination Parnu by King_Golo
Parnu Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 171 photos
Pärnu is often nicknamed Estonia's summer capital - here's where people go to enjoy swimming in the sea, walk the sandy beaches and check out the spas. This means that in summertime Pärnu is full of people. During my visit in spring 2006, however, the town was pretty much devoid of visitors - a good time to come to avoid the crowds.
Spring meant late April - but the Baltic Sea in Pärnu Bay (Pärnu Laht in Estonian) was still frozen. Nevertheless, I walked around barefoot in the sand and actually witnessed a daredevil woman running into the ice-cold water with nothing more but a bikini on...
- Pros:full of tourists in summer, no tourists in winter (choose yourself!)
- Cons:pretty quiet in all seasons apart from summer
- In a nutshell:Estonia's Summer Capital
The "Estonia" sank in 1994 in the stormy waters of the Baltic Sea. Only a few people survived this tragedy. Pärnu has a... more travel advice
Lahke Madjar is a Hungarian restaurant situated in Pärnu's centre. The food is very good and tastes really Hungarian (I... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Parnu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Summer Capital of Estonia"
- "Estonia's summer capital - visited in spring"
- "Pärnu - Summercapital of Estonia"
- "Quaint Parnu."
- "Work Camp"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parnu
- Hotels in Parnu
- Transportation in Parnu
- Nightlife in Parnu
- Restaurants in Parnu
- Shopping in Parnu
- Warnings and Dangers in Parnu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parnu
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Parnu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parnu
Photos in ParnuSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 83 reviews, 159 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 40 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 45 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 26 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue