"Võru - the gateway to Võrumaa" Voru by King_Golo
Voru Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 4 photos
Võru is not without charm - it's a small Estonian town situated on the shores of Tamula Lake with an old centre full of typical wooden houses and other interesting buildings (such as the pinkest post office in the world!). Yet, it mainly serves as the gateway to beautiful Võrumaa. Buses from Tartu stop in Võru and you can change here to smaller local buses. It might be a good idea to interrupt your journey here for an hour or two, check out some parts of the town and then go on to Võrumaa.
Check out my Võru tip, have a look at other interesting places in the area, such as Rõuge, Haanja, Vastseliina or the whole area of Võrumaa - or continue your random virtual journey through my pages here.
- Pros:nice wooden houses
- Cons:not too much to do
- In a nutshell:Gateway to Võrumaa
King_Golo's Related Pages
Voru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Center of Southern Estonia"
- "A Great Walk Around the Lake"
- "Võru - the gateway to Võrumaa"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Voru
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Voru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Voru
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 83 reviews, 159 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 40 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 45 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues