"What a nice place!" Top 5 Page for this destination Plzen by King_Golo

Plzen Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 393 photos

I visited Plzen twice, once in 2007, once in 2008 - and both times to teach, not to get drunk on Pilsener beer! Back in those days, my university had a ERASMUS cooperation agreement with Plzen's university which enabled me to go there for a week twice and get to know a lovely city in the Czech Republic.

I didn't expect too much of the city, especially as it is best known for its beer and I don't drink beer. So what I expected were quite many drunk beer tourists. Fortunately, I didn't come across them! Instead, I came to a very nice city, full of beautiful art nouveau houses, street cafes and bars, many young people and much more.

See my Plzen tips for more information, virtually visit Prague, Marianske Lazne or Lazne Kynzvart with me - or continue browsing through my pages here.

• Pros:very nice place with lots of unexpected sights
  • In a nutshell:More than just Pilsener beer!
  • Last visit to Plzen: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 17, 2015

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Good, informative page with interesting photos.
    You page reminds me of the great time that I spent here. Thank you!

• OOOx's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I wouldn't have thought that there is so much to discover in Plzen. Thanks for sharing!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Nice page of Plzen. Looks like a pretty doll-house town. The underground tour and marionnette is mighty interesting. Perhaps, I get to visit one day. SL :)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2007 at 1:14 PM

Golo, amazing updates here, I especially like the Spejbel and Hurvinek statue. :-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 12:54 PM

No picture of a tram?! I've been to Plzen in 2004. Thanks for bringing back memories.

King_Golo

“A rolling stone gathers no moss”

Badges & Stats in Plzen