"What a nice place!" Top 5 Page for this destination Plzen by King_Golo

Plzen Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 392 photos

I came to Plzen, or Pilsen as we Germans call it, to teach. There's a SOCRATES cooperation between my university and Zapadoceska Univerzita in Plzen which made it possible for me to go there for a week and teach 3 seminars to Plzen students of German.

I didn't expect too much of the city, especially as it is best known for its beer (Pilsener) and I don't drink beer. So what I expected were quite many drunk beer tourists. Fortunately, I didn't come across them! Instead, I came to a very nice city, full of beautiful art nouveau houses, street cafes and bars, many young people and much more.

• Pros:very nice place with lots of unexpected sights
  • In a nutshell:More than just Pilsener beer!
  • Last visit to Plzen: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 14, 2012

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Good, informative page with interesting photos.
    You page reminds me of the great time that I spent here. Thank you!

• OOOx's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I wouldn't have thought that there is so much to discover in Plzen. Thanks for sharing!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Nice page of Plzen. Looks like a pretty doll-house town. The underground tour and marionnette is mighty interesting. Perhaps, I get to visit one day. SL :)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2007 at 1:14 PM

Golo, amazing updates here, I especially like the Spejbel and Hurvinek statue. :-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 12:54 PM

No picture of a tram?! I've been to Plzen in 2004. Thanks for bringing back memories.

King_Golo

“A rolling stone gathers no moss”

Badges & Stats in Plzen