"What a nice place!" Top 5 Page for this destination Plzen by King_Golo
Plzen Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 393 photos
I came to Plzen, or Pilsen as we Germans call it, to teach. There's a SOCRATES cooperation between my university and Zapadoceska Univerzita in Plzen which made it possible for me to go there for a week and teach 3 seminars to Plzen students of German.
I didn't expect too much of the city, especially as it is best known for its beer (Pilsener) and I don't drink beer. So what I expected were quite many drunk beer tourists. Fortunately, I didn't come across them! Instead, I came to a very nice city, full of beautiful art nouveau houses, street cafes and bars, many young people and much more.
- Pros:very nice place with lots of unexpected sights
- In a nutshell:More than just Pilsener beer!
K Restaurant is another good place to get typical Czech food. The place also serves other types of food, some Indian... more travel advice
...if you have an important exam to pass! At the back side of St. Bartholomew's church, there is a little luck-bringing... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Plzen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Plzen - Czech beer capital"
- "What a nice place!"
- "Urquell's home town"
- "Welcome to Plzen"
- "Something about Pilsen"
- "PLZEN - not just a day trip"
- "Plzen: The Home of Beer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plzen
- Hotels in Plzen
- Transportation in Plzen
- Nightlife in Plzen
- Restaurants in Plzen
- Shopping in Plzen
- Warnings and Dangers in Plzen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plzen
- 14 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Plzen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plzen
Photos in PlzenSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 63 reviews, 123 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues