"A Lovely Little City in East England" Ely by King_Golo
Ely Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 212 photos
Ely is very small, but due to its cathedral a city, and not a town. The cathedral, or actually half of it, as the other half collapsed a few centuries ago, is easily the city's main attraction, and it's definitely worth going there.
As our time in Ely was limited, we didn't see any other sights, but there is also the house of Oliver Cromwell and a pleasant city centre with some shops.
- Pros:Beautiful Gothic Cathedral
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth visiting!
King_Golo's Related Pages
Ely Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The 'great ship of the Fens..................'"
- "I Really Really Enjoyed Ely"
- "The Eel has lost its T-Shirt..."
- "The Isle of Eels."
- "Ely: In the Heart of the Fens"
- "The capital of the Fens - with eels and Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ely
- Hotels in Ely
- Transportation in Ely
- Restaurants in Ely
- Shopping in Ely
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ely
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Ely?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ely
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 63 reviews, 123 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Ely hotel reviews
- Travelodge Ely
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013