"Rain - Sun - Rain - Sun - Rain - Sun..." Exmoor National Park by King_Golo
Exmoor National Park Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 56 photos
Exmoor NP is notorious for its fast-changing weather. It is really incredible that a bright and sunny afternoon can turn to a rainstorm within 5 minutes - and even more so because you normally don't see it coming! In order to enjoy the breath-taking landscape of the national park, you do well in having a raincoat with you even on the sunniest days. Then, however, you'll be able to enjoy Exmoor's hills and dales, its combes full of ancient oaks, its streams and rivers, its tiny fishing ports and its picturesque villages to the fullest. The moor is ideal for hiking, and if you're fit enough you could actually do the full Two Moors Way which connects Exmoor and Dartmoor, but there are a multitude of smaller tracks as well. Despite its proximity to the much bigger Dartmoor, Exmoor is completely different and feels more inhabited. It's no problem to see more sheep than humans, but you're never as far from civilization as is possible in Dartmoor.
- Pros:breathtakingly beautiful
- Cons:weather changes every 5 minutes
- In a nutshell:Enjoy the Moor - with Your Raincoat at Hand!
The dramatic Valley of (the) Rocks is just outside Lynton, but feels like a completely different world. 2m high ferns... more travel advice
During our short time in Exmoor we stayed in the beautiful village of Porlock with its old cottages along the winding... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Exmoor National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rain - Sun - Rain - Sun - Rain - Sun..."
- "North Devon > Exmoor"
- "Moor Moor Moor"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Exmoor National Park
- Hotels in Exmoor National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Exmoor National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Exmoor National Park
- 7 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Exmoor National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Exmoor National Park
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "Re: Itinerary for the Scotish..."
- updated a Exmoor National Park Travel Page "Rain - Sun - Rain - Sun - Rain - Sun..."
- Commented on one of King_Golo's Exmoor National Park tips
- Wrote a Review Valley of (the) Rocks in Exmoor National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Valley of (the) Rocks"
Photos in Exmoor National ParkSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 84 reviews, 160 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 40 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 45 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue