"London: My Favourite City" London by King_Golo

London Travel Guide: 25,397 reviews and 57,324 photos

London - possibly the world's most exciting city and my all-time favourite! I first visited London in 1990 with my parents when we ticked all the most important tourist sites. Six years later we came back for more - and I was hooked, so that I returned in 1997 with my best friend, in 1998 for a class trip and in 1999 the first time on my own. After that, there was a break of a few years, but when I moved to Oxford I made it my goal to go to London as often as possible. Well, I definitely could have gone more often, but there were so many other things to discover in England... To cut a long story short: London is the place to be, and everyone should have seen the city at least once in their life.

A few of my London favourites include the must-sees of St. Paul's or Greenwich, but also less obvious places like Little Venice and Hampstead Heath. Apart from that, I spent a lot of time just walking through London's streets (one day I managed 17km in one afternoon) as there is so much to see that it never gets boring. If I ever have the money and the chance, I'll move to this extraordinary city.

As usual, many of my tips will be about walks through a specific area. I very much enjoy discovering a city like this because I think that one sees much more compared to organized tours or hop-on, hop-off buses. So check out my London tips, browse through my sites about other European capitals like Prague, Tallinn, Helsinki, Paris, Riga, Vilnius or Lisbon - or continue your tour through my pages here!

• Pros:Too many to name...
  • Cons:Traffic!
  • In a nutshell:My number one city in Europe, if not the world!
  • Intro Updated Apr 21, 2016

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2015 at 5:45 AM

Very enjoyable and readable page on London, Golo. Thanks for sharing.

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
      Dec 12, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Thanks a lot! London is and will always be one of my favourites in the world!

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Hi Golo
    Delightfully quirky, original tips are always - your pages are always a pleasure to read!
    Regards
    Cathy

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2010 at 4:28 AM

Interesting facts about the tube. I've yet to see a ghost, or a badger... Thank you for the tip about the travel store, I'm sure to go there next time in London.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Excellent London page & tips. I would love the Markets, Stanford Book store and Little Venice . Nice pics.

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2009 at 7:57 AM

So you're living in England! Nice city, Oxford. I'll watch out for you in your day-glo shirt and fur collar ;o)

King_Golo Visits Here Frequently!

King_Golo

“A rolling stone gathers no moss”

Badges & Stats in London