"London: One of my favourites in the world!" London by King_Golo
London Travel Guide: 23,504 reviews and 49,611 photos
I was in London several times in the 1990s, but no more after that. Back then, it was the feeling of being one amidst millions of people that made my stays so exciting. I have always loved big anonymous cities (such as New York or Hanoi), and London has ever since been a favourite of mine.
While living in nearby Oxford I finally had the time to discover London part by part whenever I felt like doing that. After all, it's only a 70-minute bus or train ride from Oxford. You will therefore be able to receive updates every once in a while when I have revisited this great city.
As usual, many of my tips will be about walks through a specific area. I very much enjoy discovering a city like this because I think that one sees much more compared to organized tours or hop-on, hop-off buses.
- Pros:Too many to name...
- In a nutshell:My number one city in Europe!
Greenwich Market is a little bit like Camden Town, but on a much smaller scale. Moreover, it is not as over-crowded as... more travel advice
Regent's Park is a very big park north of Marylebone Road and Madame Tussaud's. Surrounded by splendid white manor... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 18 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Travel Black Forest Forum "Re: asking about public..."
- Commented on one of King_Golo's London tips
- updated a London Travel Page "London: One of my favourites in the world!"
- Wrote a Review A Lovely Little Market in Greenwich about Other Markets in London Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Lovely Little Market in Greenwich"
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 63 reviews, 123 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues