"London: one of my favourites in the world!" London by King_Golo
London Travel Guide: 25,113 reviews and 56,280 photos
I was in London several times in the 1990s, but no more after that. Back then, it was the feeling of being one amidst millions of people that made my stays so exciting. I have always loved big anonymous cities and London has ever since been a favourite of mine.
While living in nearby Oxford I finally had the time to discover London part by part whenever I felt like doing that. After all, it's only a 70-minute bus or train ride from Oxford. Despite going there numerous times, I still have seen only a fraction of what London has to offer. There are soooo many interesting sights, soooo many new places pop up suddenly, soooo many places one knows already have to be revisited - I think I'll have to move to London at some point to really get to know the city!
As usual, many of my tips will be about walks through a specific area. I very much enjoy discovering a city like this because I think that one sees much more compared to organized tours or hop-on, hop-off buses. So check out my London tips, browse through my sites about other European capitals like Prague, Tallinn, Helsinki, Paris, Riga, Vilnius or Lisbon - or continue your tour through my pages here!
- Pros:Too many to name...
- In a nutshell:My number one city in Europe!
Greenwich Market is a little bit like Camden Town, but on a much smaller scale. Moreover, it is not as over-crowded as... more travel advice
Regent's Park is a very big park north of Marylebone Road and Madame Tussaud's. Surrounded by splendid white manor... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 18 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Travel Namibia Forum "Re: namibia public transportation"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's London tips
- updated a London Travel Page "London: one of my favourites in the world!"
- Wrote a Review A Lovely Little Market in Greenwich about Other Markets in London Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Lovely Little Market in Greenwich"
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 82 reviews, 156 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues