"London: One of my favourites in the world!" London by King_Golo

London Travel Guide: 23,504 reviews and 49,611 photos

I was in London several times in the 1990s, but no more after that. Back then, it was the feeling of being one amidst millions of people that made my stays so exciting. I have always loved big anonymous cities (such as New York or Hanoi), and London has ever since been a favourite of mine.

While living in nearby Oxford I finally had the time to discover London part by part whenever I felt like doing that. After all, it's only a 70-minute bus or train ride from Oxford. You will therefore be able to receive updates every once in a while when I have revisited this great city.

As usual, many of my tips will be about walks through a specific area. I very much enjoy discovering a city like this because I think that one sees much more compared to organized tours or hop-on, hop-off buses.

• Pros:Too many to name...
  • Cons:Traffic!
  • In a nutshell:My number one city in Europe!
  • Intro Updated Mar 27, 2014

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Hi Golo
    Delightfully quirky, original tips are always - your pages are always a pleasure to read!
    Regards
    Cathy

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2010 at 4:28 AM

Interesting facts about the tube. I've yet to see a ghost, or a badger... Thank you for the tip about the travel store, I'm sure to go there next time in London.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Excellent London page & tips. I would love the Markets, Stanford Book store and Little Venice . Nice pics.

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2009 at 7:57 AM

So you're living in England! Nice city, Oxford. I'll watch out for you in your day-glo shirt and fur collar ;o)

King_Golo Visits Here Frequently!

King_Golo

“A rolling stone gathers no moss”

Badges & Stats in London