"London: My Favourite City" London by King_Golo
London Travel Guide: 25,397 reviews and 57,324 photos
London - possibly the world's most exciting city and my all-time favourite! I first visited London in 1990 with my parents when we ticked all the most important tourist sites. Six years later we came back for more - and I was hooked, so that I returned in 1997 with my best friend, in 1998 for a class trip and in 1999 the first time on my own. After that, there was a break of a few years, but when I moved to Oxford I made it my goal to go to London as often as possible. Well, I definitely could have gone more often, but there were so many other things to discover in England... To cut a long story short: London is the place to be, and everyone should have seen the city at least once in their life.
A few of my London favourites include the must-sees of St. Paul's or Greenwich, but also less obvious places like Little Venice and Hampstead Heath. Apart from that, I spent a lot of time just walking through London's streets (one day I managed 17km in one afternoon) as there is so much to see that it never gets boring. If I ever have the money and the chance, I'll move to this extraordinary city.
As usual, many of my tips will be about walks through a specific area. I very much enjoy discovering a city like this because I think that one sees much more compared to organized tours or hop-on, hop-off buses. So check out my London tips, browse through my sites about other European capitals like Prague, Tallinn, Helsinki, Paris, Riga, Vilnius or Lisbon - or continue your tour through my pages here!
- Pros:Too many to name...
- In a nutshell:My number one city in Europe, if not the world!
Greenwich Market is a little bit like Camden Town, but on a much smaller scale. Moreover, it is not as over-crowded as... more travel advice
Regent's Park is a very big park north of Marylebone Road and Madame Tussaud's. Surrounded by splendid white manor... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 18 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 83 reviews, 159 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 40 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 45 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues