"England's smallest and newest national park" Top 5 Page for this destination New Forest by King_Golo
New Forest Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 140 photos
The New Forest was only given national park status in 2006 which makes it England's youngest national park. It is a very beautiful and interesting area: vast forests, seemingly endless heaths, tiny charming villages and some nice coastal strips.
A curiosity of New Forest NP are the numerous ponies roaming the woods and heaths. You can hardly drive for a mile without seeing a pony crossing the road and blocking the traffic. Moreover, rare birds live amidst the thorny gorse bushes or in the marshlands closer to the coast.
- Pros:wonderful landscape, charming villages
- Cons:too much traffic in some parts, parking space limited
- In a nutshell:Great for a little holiday!
Bucklers Hard (sometimes also spelled Buckler's Hard) is a tiny hamlet on the Beaulieu River. Located close to the sea,... more travel advice
If you come to the New Forest by car, you should definitely have a good supply of coins with you. Most of the parking... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
New Forest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful heather and horses in the New Forest"
- "England's smallest and newest national park"
- "Get lost in the New Forest"
- "My very favourite place."
- "Neither New Nor All Forest"
- "The New Forest & its wildlife"
- "New Forest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Forest
- Hotels in New Forest
- Transportation in New Forest
- Restaurants in New Forest
- Warnings and Dangers in New Forest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Forest
- 8 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to New Forest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Forest
- Posted in Travel Tallinn Forum "Re: 2 days 1 night in Tallinn"
- Commented on one of King_Golo's New Forest tips
- updated a New Forest Travel Page "England's smallest and newest national park"
- Wrote a Review The Ship-building and Smugglers' Village in New Forest Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Ship-building and Smugglers' Village"
Photos in New ForestSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 83 reviews, 159 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 40 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 45 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues