"England's smallest and newest national park" Top 5 Page for this destination New Forest by King_Golo
New Forest Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 137 photos
The New Forest has only been granted the status of a national park in 2006 which makes it England's youngest national park. It is a very beautiful and interesting area: vast forests, seemingly endless heaths, tiny charming villages and some nice coastal strips.
A curiosity of New Forest NP are its numerous ponies that roam the woods and heaths in abundance. You can hardly drive for a mile without seeing a pony crossing the road and blocking the traffic. Moreover, rare birds live amidst the thorny gorse bushes or in the marshlands closer to the coast.
Among the favourite things to do in New Forest are hiking and cycling. While we went for a little hike, time was unfortunately too short to cycle the byways of the forest - a good reason to come back!
- Pros:wonderful landscape, charming villages
- Cons:too much traffic in some parts, parking space limited
- In a nutshell:Great for a little holiday!
Bucklers Hard (sometimes also spelled Buckler's Hard) is a tiny hamlet on the Beaulieu River. Located close to the sea,... more travel advice
If you come to the New Forest by car, you should definitely have a good supply of coins with you. Most of the parking... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
New Forest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful heather and horses in the New Forest"
- "England's smallest and newest national park"
- "Get lost in the New Forest"
- "My very favourite place."
- "Neither New Nor All Forest"
- "The New Forest & its wildlife"
- "New Forest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Forest
- Hotels in New Forest
- Transportation in New Forest
- Restaurants in New Forest
- Warnings and Dangers in New Forest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Forest
- 8 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to New Forest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Forest
- Wrote a Review The Ship-building and Smugglers' Village in New Forest Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Ship-building and Smugglers' Village"
- Posted in Travel Oxford Forum "Re: Where to stay and visit?"
- Commented on one of bryank_uk's New Forest travel pages
- created a New Forest Travel Page "England's smallest and newest national park"
Photos in New ForestSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 63 reviews, 123 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues