Domme Things to Do Tips by King_Golo
Domme Things to Do: 9 reviews and 30 photos
Remains of Domme's City Walls
Domme is a nice place for a little walk. Located on top of a plateau, it is not as hard to access as other villages in the area - the ground being uneven, but not steep it's even possible for wheelchair users to come up here. The streets of Domme are beautiful in an unobtrusive way - nice old sandstone buildings, flowers here and there, a few squares where one can enjoy a coffee. Nothing too spectacular, but nothing boring either.
View from the terrace at Promenade de la Barre
Located at 250m above the Dordogne, the promenade and the little square at its end are the place to be in Domme. From here, you can enjoy an unhindered view over the valley with the Dordogne meandering through it. To the west you can see as far as Beynac (another unmissable village of the Dordogne region), to the east as far as the Cingle de Montfort. But even without spectacular buildings right opposite the terrace the view is worth coming to Domme. I would have loved to see the sunset or sunrise from here, or the colours of autumn or the whole valley covered in snow... Instead, we came on a fine spring day and enjoyed the first bits of green in the landscape below us.
Address: Promenade de la Barre
Directions: the northernmost end of Domme - beyond the square is a sheer drop of 250m
King_Golo's Related Pages
Domme Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Domme in the Perigord Noir on the Dordogne River"
- "A Village with a View: Domme"
- "A Bastide Town with A View"
- "A relaxing afternoon in Domme"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Griffins Cay Hotels
- Gladstone Hotels
- Zhongshan Hotels
- Woolverton Hotels
- Coeur d'Alene
Badges & Stats in Domme
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Domme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Domme
Photos in DommeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 63 reviews, 123 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 24 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liverpool Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues