"Where England Ends" Cornwall by King_Golo
Cornwall Travel Guide: 1,958 reviews and 5,372 photos
Cornwall is England's southwesternmost region. Surrounded by the sea from almost all sides, it makes for an ideal holiday destination and can become rather crowded in summer. Fortunately, there is so much to discover off the beaten paths that it is absolutely no problem to avoid the crowds. And even more fortunately, the majority of roads in Cornwall are too narrow for coaches anyway!
Cornwall is incredibly diverse. You can find bronze-age stone circles amidst the heath, tiny coves with picturesque fishing ports, lovely hills and dales with cattle grazing on the slopes, but also some bigger places with a good selection of restaurants and bars or even an art scene that is alive and kicking (in St. Ives) - all within a radius of 10km!
Most obvious, however, is the sea. It has forever shaped the coastline (and will continue so), creating some of the country's most dramatic landscapes with steep cliffs that are constantly under attack by vicious waves. This alone would be worth the effort getting to Cornwall - and due to the always different character of the coast, it never gets boring.
Have a look at my numerous Cornwall tips, virtually visit nearby places like Woolacombe or the two national parks Dartmoor NP and Exmoor NP - or continue your tour through my pages here!
- Pros:Incredibly diverse landscape, lots of things to see and do
- Cons:Roads are sometimes very narrow - be careful!
- In a nutshell:One of England's most beautiful regions
Padstow had been recommended to me before we went to Cornwall, so I was really looking forward to finally getting there.... more travel advice
Among the countless breathtaking panoramic views of Cornwall Zennor Head must be among the most breathtaking. It is... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Cornwall Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Putting the "corn" back in Cornwall"
- "Pixies, cream teas and a beautiful blue sea"
- "The End of England"
- "Cornwall - picturesque and friendly"
- "Just Beautiful!"
- "Kernow Istorek (Historic Cornwall)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cornwall
- Hotels in Cornwall
- Transportation in Cornwall
- Nightlife in Cornwall
- Restaurants in Cornwall
- Shopping in Cornwall
- Warnings and Dangers in Cornwall
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cornwall
- 27 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (88)
Have you been to Cornwall?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cornwall
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 84 reviews, 160 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 40 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 45 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue