"Battambang - the town that awakes at rush hour" Top 5 Page for this destination Battambang by King_Golo
Battambang Travel Guide: 238 reviews and 700 photos
Located in Northwest Cambodia, Battambang is a nice small town of some 100,000 people although you do not really realize that. It's a typical small town: not too many obvious sights, but some hidden ones that you will be glad afterwards to have discovered them. Battambang's vicinity is one of the most beautiful areas in northwest Cambodia - it's hard to describe, but it came pretty near to my image of southeast Asian countryside... To the north, you'll see little villages hidden in the forest, giant banana leaves preventing them from too curious looks. To the south, the landscape looks like a savanna, especially during the dry season. A tour to Phnom Sampeau, 25km away from Battambang, will provide you with very scenic views. Coming back to Battambang, don't miss the many wats scattered all over town. Although Battambang is pretty quiet and dull, it gets almost hectic in the evening: during rush hour (at 6pm), motobikes zigzag across the central place at the market hall, stopping suddenly to start bargaining over some fresh fruit or vegetables... Battambang is the town that awakes during evening rush hour!
- Pros:beautiful wats, scenic vicinity
- Cons:rather dusty
- In a nutshell:The Rush Hour Effect (TM)
Phnom Sampeau is the name of a hill located approximately 25km south of Battambang. The trip there takes about 45... more travel advice
Most people come to Battambang to travel further to Siem Reap and Angkor by boat. The Lonely Planet advertises the river... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Battambang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finding the Balance in Battambang"
- "Battambang - the town that awakes at rush hour"
- "Camboya en Torrelavega"
- "First "off the beaten path""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Battambang
- Hotels in Battambang
- Transportation in Battambang
- Nightlife in Battambang
- Restaurants in Battambang
- Shopping in Battambang
- Warnings and Dangers in Battambang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Battambang
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Battambang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Battambang
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "Re: Looking for Suggestions for..."
- updated a Battambang Travel Page "Battambang - the town that awakes at rush hour"
- Commented on one of King_Golo's Battambang travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Battambang - the town that awakes at rush hour"
- Wrote a Review Get a massage in Battambang Sports & Outdoors
Photos in BattambangSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 61 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 45 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue