"Spending an afternoon at the police station..." Zwickau by King_Golo
Zwickau Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 419 photos
Zwickau is a weird place! The first time I went there, it was raining all the time and nearly as cold as in Siberia. Nevertheless, my family and me spent some time there and discovered by coincidence one of the world's largest doors (see picture below!).
The second time I went there, the sun was shining and people were just opening their food stalls as it was the weekend of the Zwickau "Stadtfest" (i.e. city festival). Everything seemed to promise a wonderful and funny day for the group of international students I accompanied. However, having been in town for just 10 minutes, an Italian girl's wallet was stolen out of her pocket by some sneaky thief. The result: the Italian girl and me spent the rest of the afternoon at the local police station.
Zwickau policemen seem to enjoy telling you their worst, cruelest and most abhorrent adventure tales from their job! I now know of some 25 ways to rape innocent girls in discotheques or where to get the best drugs from Saxony! Just imagine the situation: Two policemen telling you this stuff, one stressed teacher (me) who actually only planned to have some fun in Zwickau and an Italian girl who's close to crying because she's just lost nearly everything... I'd say: award them the SPECIAL PRIZE FOR EMPATHY IN SITUATIONS OF CRISIS!
Well, apart from this unfortunate incident we did spend a nice time in Zwickau. Check out my few tips for more, have a look at other interesting locations nearby, such as Chemnitz, Annaberg, Seiffen, Oberwiesenthal or Marienberg - or continue your tour through my pages here!
- Pros:nice town
- Cons:never made to see it properly...
- In a nutshell:Don't visit the police station!
After we finally made our way out of the police station, I tried to see at least a little bit of Zwickau. Thus, the... more travel advice
King_Golo's Related Pages
Zwickau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Robert Schumann, cars and more"
- "Zwickau: Home to Trabant and Robert Schumann"
- "Spending an afternoon at the police station..."
- "Zwickau in Sachsen"
- "A Wombat in Zwickau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zwickau
- Hotels in Zwickau
- Transportation in Zwickau
- Nightlife in Zwickau
- Restaurants in Zwickau
- Warnings and Dangers in Zwickau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zwickau
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Zwickau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zwickau
Photos in ZwickauSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 83 reviews, 159 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 72 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 40 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 32 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chemnitz Intro, 45 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cornwall Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rügen Intro, 24 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues