"The Life and Travels of Trey Porter" Capedorian's Profile

The Married Years

OK, so now I am married.

July 2004 - We honeymooned in Italy. Our first destination there was Positano. After an amazing week, we drove to Isernia (to spend time with the wife's family). While not a typical destination, we found it to be nearly as beautiful as Tuscany...but w/o the crowds. Seemed more genuine. After 3 days with family, we departed to Siena. Siena was beautiful and definitely a great place for a young tourist backpacker. I felt inundated with college age wonderers. Wonderfulr Tuscan food and I highly recommend a day trip (with a guide) into the tuscan courtyside. We can't wait to return.

December 2004 - Savannah, GA
We flew down the night after my last exam (of my first semester of law school). We were considering it as a place to move after school. Unfortunately, there are not too many ENT jobs there...oh well. We made the most of a cooler than normal Savannah...highs in the 40s. We pretty much had the town to ourselves. The highlight was taking a side trip to Isle of Hope, a quaint riverfront community that once served as the retreat for the wealthy Savannah crown (in the 1880s). Do not miss Lady and Sons (A Paula Deen restaurant). We met Paula at her brother's restaurant opening "Uncle Bubba's"...a great oyster house just outside Savannah.

The Dating of and Engagement with Laurie

September 2003 - Our first trip of consequence was to one of my favorite towns, Charleston, SC. I lived there from 1998-2001 and have missed it ever since. What an amazing mixture of terriffic food and diverse culture. You could spend days on a bike peddling through the historic district. Our trip put us in the path of Hurricane Isabelle, but she swung north and clobbered NC and VA...and the Chesapeake Bay. My sailboat was damaged in Onancock, VA.

A Single Man with a Dog and Truck

Durango, CO
Denver, CO
Quebec City, QC

• Intro Updated May 1, 2005

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Capedorian's Profile Photo

Capedorian

“carpe diem”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.