"Out of this World" Hanksville by mikehanneman
Hanksville Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 67 photos
In Hanksville, like a lot of other places in The Colorado Plateau, there were Uranium mines around Hanksville. I have read there is some concern about contamination associated with the previous mining activity. This area sure looks like it would accommodate that sort of thing.
Furthermore, America is starting to do space training for possible trips to Mars in Hanksville.
The newer, Mars Desert Research Station (MDRS), situated near Hanksville, Utah, went operational February 7 of this year. Since then, sets of specialists have made the habitat their address of choice for two-week stints. A third 6-person crew took up residence at the MDRS on March 24, Zubrin told SPACE.com.
Not many people in Hanksville, but more people might be familiar with it if the United States continues the training for Mars.
I really enjoyed the Henry Mountains that are South of the Hanksville area.
If you continue towards The Glen Canyon area you will be exposed to some of the finest views in North America.
Further down the road there is The Goosenecks and Monument Valley.
Someday I will get back to that remote area and spend more time there.
mikehanneman's Related Pages
Hanksville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Hanksville"
- "Hanksville - Nowhere in a good way"
- "Hanksville, Utah"
- "hanksville rocks, as in it's cool, and stuff"
- "Out of this World"
- "Adventures In The Dirty Devil Wilderness"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanksville
- Hotels in Hanksville
- Restaurants in Hanksville
- Shopping in Hanksville
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanksville
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hanksville
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Hanksville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanksville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waterloo Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Moab Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kings Canyon National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- North Rim Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cedar Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos