"Great Setting For A City" Cedar City by mikehanneman
Cedar City Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 24 photos
June 2008....my son (Scott) and I decided to stop at Cedar Breaks after exploring the Kolob section of Zion National Park.
Cedar City is a very clean city. The population is around 26,000 and te levation is almost 6,000 feet. It is located in the Southeast portion of the Great Basin.
A lot of people use the city for an area to eat and sleep during their skiing activities at Brian Head near by.
This used to be a mining area. Obviously there is a Mormon link to the city as well.
Southern Utah University is located in Cedar City.
We wanted to see the city and I knew there would be some places to eat and a Wal Mart to get some supplies at.
I droe East to Cedar Breaks, noticing how the Bark Beetle damaged so many trees. Why can't our government find an answer for that problem??
Funny thing, at Wal Mart I was looking at the beer section. I asked a lady about Utah's 3.2 beer. She said she wan't from Utah and their car broke down. I asked her where she lived. She replied Iowa. I said that's where I am from! Small world!
- Pros:Clean, Restaurtants and Hotels
- Cons:Not too much else around
- In a nutshell:Could be a good place to retire
If you want to drive 20 to 25 miles to the South of Cedar City, you can be treated to the Kolob Canyons of Zion National... more travel advice
mikehanneman's Related Pages
Cedar City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Setting For A City"
- "Cedar City"
- "About Cedar City"
- "Roadrage's Cedar City Page"
- "Terri & Jonathan in Cedar City Page"
- "My little snow bunnies"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cedar City
- Hotels in Cedar City
- Nightlife in Cedar City
- Restaurants in Cedar City
- Shopping in Cedar City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cedar City
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cedar City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cedar City
Photos in Cedar CitySee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waterloo Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Moab Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kings Canyon National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- North Rim Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cedar Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos