"Mad Raven!!" Bryce Canyon by mikehanneman

Bryce Canyon Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 28 photos

Raven Issues

Scott (my son) and I had a long day. Kolob section of Zion, top of a mesa etc.

After going to Cedar Breaks, it was on the verge of dusk. I wanted to go to Bryce anyway. We were in agreement to go for it. I drove as fast as I could legally making my way to Bryce. I am glad we made the effort t go there. Other wise we would be in the hotel.

Here is the weird part of our visit!!! We drove past Inspiration Point to the next pull off - when we got out of our car, I noticed 2 ravens. Scott and I went to look at the view, we looked back and the raven was pecking at the red light in the rental car's dashboard. We yelled at the bird and it pecked and scratched the car. It's feathers were standing on end, like a wild animal that was mad.

Raven attacking the car!

I guess he didn't like what he saw with the red light. Food, a worm, I don't know what it was thinking.

Here is another picture of the raven when it flew to the fence. Look at his feathers. Please click onto this picture - then you will be able to see his feathers!!

Bryce Overall

I like Bryce. Again, I feel a person has to get "below" the rim area to really experience a park. Take a stroll in the Hoodoos. The coolest thing is close to dusk.....the brilliant colors come to life!!

Also I enjoy the fantastic view to the east. You have a lot of elevation at Bryce - if you do hike, take your time. It is a bit harder to catch your breath.

I don't think I would care to spend more than a day at Bryce. It is somewhat limited. But don't minimize the power of Bryce's colors in the right light!

• Pros:Excellent colors within the "pink cliffs"
  • Cons:Somewhat limited for activities and options
  • In a nutshell:Try to catch Bryce at the right time to enjoy nature's best colors!
  • Last visit to Bryce Canyon: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2008

mikehanneman

“"Life Is An Attitude"”

Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon

Have you been to Bryce Canyon?

Latest Activity in Bryce Canyon