"Mad Raven!!" Bryce Canyon by mikehanneman
Bryce Canyon Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 28 photos
Scott (my son) and I had a long day. Kolob section of Zion, top of a mesa etc.
After going to Cedar Breaks, it was on the verge of dusk. I wanted to go to Bryce anyway. We were in agreement to go for it. I drove as fast as I could legally making my way to Bryce. I am glad we made the effort t go there. Other wise we would be in the hotel.
Here is the weird part of our visit!!! We drove past Inspiration Point to the next pull off - when we got out of our car, I noticed 2 ravens. Scott and I went to look at the view, we looked back and the raven was pecking at the red light in the rental car's dashboard. We yelled at the bird and it pecked and scratched the car. It's feathers were standing on end, like a wild animal that was mad.
I guess he didn't like what he saw with the red light. Food, a worm, I don't know what it was thinking.
Here is another picture of the raven when it flew to the fence. Look at his feathers. Please click onto this picture - then you will be able to see his feathers!!
I like Bryce. Again, I feel a person has to get "below" the rim area to really experience a park. Take a stroll in the Hoodoos. The coolest thing is close to dusk.....the brilliant colors come to life!!
Also I enjoy the fantastic view to the east. You have a lot of elevation at Bryce - if you do hike, take your time. It is a bit harder to catch your breath.
I don't think I would care to spend more than a day at Bryce. It is somewhat limited. But don't minimize the power of Bryce's colors in the right light!
- Pros:Excellent colors within the "pink cliffs"
- Cons:Somewhat limited for activities and options
- In a nutshell:Try to catch Bryce at the right time to enjoy nature's best colors!
mikehanneman's Related Pages
Bryce Canyon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mad Raven!!"
- "Almighty's chess game?"
- "Beauty as far as the eye can see"
- "An Inspiration Point"
- "Basaic Bryce Canyon City Page"
- "May 12, 13, 14, 2013"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bryce Canyon
- Hotels in Bryce Canyon
- Transportation in Bryce Canyon
- Restaurants in Bryce Canyon
- See All...
Explore the World
- Parte de Banilad Hotels
- North Myrtle Beach
- Baldeggersee Hotels
- Roaring Creek Hotels
- United Kingdom
- Mali Island Hotels
- Province of Pangasinan
- Palmerston North Hotels
- Lac Sainte Anne
- County of Saint Patrick Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Bryce Canyon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryce Canyon
Photos in Bryce CanyonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waterloo Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Moab Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kings Canyon National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- North Rim Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cedar Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (123)
Latest Bryce Canyon hotel reviews
- Best Western Ruby'S Inn
- 1091 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bryce Valley
- 199 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Best Western Rubys Inn (Utah Hwy 63 Po Box 640001 )
- 1 Review & Opinion