Waterloo Things to Do Tips by mikehanneman
Waterloo Things to Do: 13 reviews and 31 photos
If you are going to visit the water park, Isle of Capri Casino (opens in Spring of 2007) or just in the Waterloo area, Crossroads Mall is a nice Mall. All the slots are full of retailers.
Perhaps you are staying at one of the many hotels within a few blocks of the mall, Crossroads is a great option to shop at or take in a movie.
Directions: Off 218 South - exit on San Marnan
Inside Young Area
You might be coming to Waterloo, Iowa to see a youth or BlackHawks hockey game.
Young Area was a nice addition to out city. I think it is a lot nicer than similar areas in the area.
The area is located in downtown Waterloo by the Cedar River. There are a couple of hotels within 2 or 3 blocks for those who don't want to drive far.
Address: 125 Commercial Street -Waterloo, IA
Directions: Downtown Waterloo by the river on the west side of the river.
Isle Of Capri Being Built
The Isle of Capri will open in the Spring of 2007 in Waterloo.
The people and cityof Waterloo are very excited to have the Casino come to town. Certainly it will be a big asset in regards to employment and people coming to Waterloo to spend some money and have a good time.
Directions: Right off of highway 218 south of the highway 20 junction. Basically Southeast Waterloo.
My Waterloo Days
In early June, My Waterloo Days is going on.
Hot air ballons, bands, food etc.
Address: Around The Waterloo Area
John Deere tour in Waterloo, IA
If you have a morning or afternoon to spend I would recommend taking the John Deere Donald Street tour.
They will take you through all the John Deere's final assembly plant.
The tours are at 3500 East Donald Street in Waterloo. You will need to make a reservation for the tour. Call 319-292-7697 at least one day prior to the tour.
Address: 3500 East Donald Street in Waterloo
Directions: It is located on the extreme Northeast side of Waterloo - a little bit out in the country - but it's worth the drive!
Downtown John Deere plant during winter
In the winter time there is hockey (Waterloo Blackhawks) and they tend to draw a lot of fans during weekend games.
During the summer months Waterloo has Fridayloo going on. Fridays in Lincoln park (downtown) a lot of people gather to enjoy the offerings of food vendors and music.
Directions: Downtown Waterloo!
More Reviews (13)
- Wear coats in winter weather
- See All Average Hotel with a good location
- See All Be Aware of the Downtown area at night
mikehanneman's Related Pages
Waterloo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waterloo, Iowa"
- "My Turf"
- "A Bicycle Ride Through Waterloo and Elk Run"
- "WATERLOO, IOWA"
- "Why choose Waterloo / Cedar Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waterloo
- Hotels in Waterloo
- Nightlife in Waterloo
- Restaurants in Waterloo
- Warnings and Dangers in Waterloo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pak Phanang Hotels
- Copper Cliff Hotels
- Connelsville Hotels
- Szentendre Hotels
Badges & Stats in Waterloo
- 19 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Waterloo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waterloo
Photos in WaterlooSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon Intro, 53 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waterloo Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Moab Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kings Canyon National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- North Rim Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cedar Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (123)
Latest Waterloo hotel reviews
- Heartland Inn
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Heartland Inn Waterloo Crossroads
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Quality Inn And Suites Waterloo
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Exel Inn of Waterloo
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- Best Western Starlite Village
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Ramada Inn Waterloo Convention Center
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Baymont Inn and Suites Waterloo
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Super 8 Waterloo
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013