"Vinton, Iowa, my hometown" Vinton by mikehanneman

Vinton Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos

Rural Iowa

I was raised on a farm 3 miles southeast of Vinton, Iowa. Vinton is the county seat for benton county. 5,000 people live in Vinton. Most people drive to either Cedar Rapids or Waterloo for their employment.

Vinton and the surrounding area is mainly farms, raising soybeans, corn as well as hogs and cattle.

Mom

My Mom, brother and sister live in Vinton. I reside about 40 miles away. I go to Vinton to visit Mom.

I was blessed with the world's nicest and caring parents. My Dad died in 2000, we miss him a lot. I will certainly miss my wonderful Mother when she dies too. It's impossible to relace such great people, you will only miss them, and think about them daily.

Iowa

I am including a picture of the courthouse in Vinton. Every county (99 total) has a courthouse that you do your business in. I enjoy the architecture. I don't know how other states are set up in this regard.

• Pros:Nice people, easy to get around
  • Cons:everybody knows your business
  • In a nutshell:My hometown
  • Last visit to Vinton: Sep 2008
  • Intro Written Oct 2, 2008

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2011 at 9:22 AM

love the main pic - just the sort Id love to be out driving around in!thanks for sharing your homeplace and hope your good Mum is still going strong!

mikehanneman Was Born Here!

mikehanneman