"Vinton, Iowa, my hometown" Vinton by mikehanneman
Vinton Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
I was raised on a farm 3 miles southeast of Vinton, Iowa. Vinton is the county seat for benton county. 5,000 people live in Vinton. Most people drive to either Cedar Rapids or Waterloo for their employment.
Vinton and the surrounding area is mainly farms, raising soybeans, corn as well as hogs and cattle.
My Mom, brother and sister live in Vinton. I reside about 40 miles away. I go to Vinton to visit Mom.
I was blessed with the world's nicest and caring parents. My Dad died in 2000, we miss him a lot. I will certainly miss my wonderful Mother when she dies too. It's impossible to relace such great people, you will only miss them, and think about them daily.
I am including a picture of the courthouse in Vinton. Every county (99 total) has a courthouse that you do your business in. I enjoy the architecture. I don't know how other states are set up in this regard.
- Pros:Nice people, easy to get around
- Cons:everybody knows your business
- In a nutshell:My hometown
mikehanneman's Related Pages
Vinton Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vinton
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Vinton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vinton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waterloo Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Moab Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kings Canyon National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- North Rim Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cedar Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos