"Iowa City Is A Great Town To Have Fun!" Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City by mikehanneman
Iowa City Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 161 photos
If you are going to be in Iowa City for any of the following:
Iowa Hawkeye Sporting Events
University Of Iowa
University Of Iowa Hospitals
Then take a little extra time to have some fun!
Downtown you can enjoy a variety of food and some decent bars to hang out in. Actually a lot of bars. At night the bars will be crowded with young people. Expect to pay a cover charge too.
Enjoy the Old Capital (Iowa's old Capital) until it was moved to Des Moines. It is very picturesque set nestled in the Pentacrest in downtown Iowa City.
On the west side of the Iowa River you will find the University of Iowa Hospital and sporting areas for football and basketball.
If you like pizza, make sure and stop at Pagliais Pizza. It is the best in Iowa period. See my review. I am a pizza fanatic and it is the best pizza in the state!
During the past year there have been 26 assaults in the downtown area of Iowa City!!
It ranges from reaching up underneath a woman's skirt to armed robbery. Most of the criminal activity occurs in the early morning hours.
Walk with other people and stay where there is good lighting. Hopefully they will catch the 2 or 3 people who are involved. BE CAREFUL!!
Don't miss this pizza place. Not much to look at inside or outside. I ate there when I went college at Iowa and it is just as good today as it was in the 70's.
Thin pizza for about $12 to $13.00 for a large. When you approach Pagliais, you quickly notice through the window around 10 guys working at a fast pace to make all the pizzas. No messing around here!
Best pizza in Iowa. Period. I live 75 miles away and stop to eat every chance I get.
No credit cards - opens at 4 pm.
Enjoy the great pizza.
When go to downtown Iowa City you notice a different atmosphere than the rest of Iowa. More open, liberal and free.
Enjoy bar hopping, eating or just hanging out watching people.
Yeah, it's a college town, but it seems to offer a lot more.
- Pros:Fun, people, food and a lot more!
- Cons:Somewhat crowded and a bit expensive.
- In a nutshell:I enjoy visiting Iowa City and my son goes to the U of Iowa.
During the past year there have been 20 or more assaults in the downtown area of Iowa City. It ranges from reaching up... more travel advice
Coats, stocking hats & gloves. Even in the Spring & Fall it can get cold as cold fronts pass through the region. more travel advice
mikehanneman's Related Pages
Iowa City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iowa City Is A Great Town To Have Fun!"
- "Lovely place...."
- "Ah, youth..."
- "Former Capitol Now University Town"
- "Iowa City"
- "Capital of BOREDOM!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iowa City
- Hotels in Iowa City
- Transportation in Iowa City
- Nightlife in Iowa City
- Restaurants in Iowa City
- Shopping in Iowa City
- Warnings and Dangers in Iowa City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Iowa City
- 9 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Iowa City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iowa City
Photos in Iowa CitySee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waterloo Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Moab Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kings Canyon National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- North Rim Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cedar Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (123)
Latest Iowa City hotel reviews
- Travelodge Iowa City
- 137 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- HotelVetro Studio Suites & Convention Center
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Golden Haug Bed and Breakfast
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 23, 2012
- Alexis Park Inn And Suites
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
- 202 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013