"Cedar Falls, Iowa - A Nice City" Cedar Falls by mikehanneman
Cedar Falls Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 12 photos
I live in Waterloo, Iowa. It is right next to the city of Cedar Falls.
Waterloo and Cedar Falls are quite different. Waterloo is more of a blue collar town with a lot of ethnic diversity. Cedar Falls is smaller and has The University of Northern Iowa and UNI Dome.
I enjoy each city for its unique qualities.
You might be traveling to Cedar Falls for business, family or an activity at the UNI Dome. Cedar Falls is a clean and safe community that has a lot to offer people.
There are many events at the UNI Dome, Gallager Bluedorn Performing Art Center and other events. George Carlin was just at the Gallager Bluedorn Center and they also offer a wide variety of other entertainment like plays.
The University of Northern Iowa has a nice campus comprised of kids who come from mainly basic average families, relative to The University of Iowa.
Although there have been riots on College Hill near the campus during Homecoming in the past few years!
There are a lot of good restaurants, shops, hotels, and a nice mall, appropriatly named College Square Mall.
I like Cedar Falls' Industrial Park. They have a nice blend of companies. Large corporations down to smaller local businesses. There are two hotels in the Industrial Park and one being built.
I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Cedar Falls and I hope this information will be useful to you.
If you are visiting The University of Northern Iowa and want to see where the student population hangs out, stop at College Hill. The "Hill" is located on the Northeast side of the campus.
It's not a big area but you will find some restaurnats and a number of establishments to get a drink.
As I mentioned before, the UNI students are great kids but things got out of hand several times on the Hill during Homecoming. Full blown riots. It was quiet this year, but there were a lot of police there too.
Downtown Cedar Falls is a unique throwback to the basic downtowns of the past. It is modern but has a newer more contemporary feel to it.
It is basically one winding street with a lot of restaurants and shops.
I would recommend people drive downtown to check it out. Have a lunch or supper and a drink. It has a nice atmosphere and some variety.
- Pros:Nice people, lots to do and easy to get around.
- Cons:It can be cold!
- In a nutshell:A lot of people visit because of the University
BRAND NEW!! All I heard of summer was how many people (and kids) enjoyed Cedar Falls' new Aquatic Center. I drove by... more travel advice
Probably the best restaurant in Cedar Falls. Nice menu mainly driven by Texas Roadhouse's greta tasting steaks. Free... more travel advice
mikehanneman's Related Pages
Cedar Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cedar Falls, Iowa - A Nice City"
- "BS89's new Cedar Falls Page"
- "School Dazed"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cedar Falls
- 7 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cedar Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cedar Falls
Photos in Cedar FallsSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waterloo Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Moab Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kings Canyon National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- North Rim Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cedar Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos