"Peaches, Wine & Scenery (Mesas)" Palisade by mikehanneman
Palisade Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
My wife wanted to stop and visit a peach orchard and I thought it would be neat to stop at a winery in Palisade, Colorado. Palisade is just 20 miles east of Grand Junction, CO.
We enjoyed our tour and then bought a crate of peaches at High Country Orchards. www.highcountryorchards.com
Val also bought some peach jam and honey. Prior to stopping here we bought some cherries etc. off the interstate and munched on those.
The First Lady and her two children stopped here a couple of years ago. Most of these farms use water from the Colorado River to irrigate their crops.
Just up the road is COlorado Cellars Winery. It is a family run winery. This is a small winery that has some decent wines. You can try the different wines for around $5.00. I think there were 18 to taste.
I order a lot of the XXX salsa.
The area around Palisade has some unique things to do and some great vistas with the surounding mesas.
If nothing else, stop right off the Interstate and pick up some fresh fruit!
- Pros:Easy access and fresh fruit with mesa views
- Cons:A little tough to find the peach orchard/vineyard
mikehanneman's Related Pages
Palisade Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palisade
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Palisade?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palisade
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waterloo Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Moab Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kings Canyon National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- North Rim Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cedar Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos