"You Will Receive Peace and Quiet Here" Sequoia National Park by mikehanneman
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide: 301 reviews and 653 photos
My wife and I hadn't been on a vacation for 25 years together due to an autistic daughter. It was hard to get away!
I decided to go to an area that my wife would enjoy. I prefer Utah/Arizona. She likes mountains, trees and waterfalls. That was an easy decision. Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia.
Sequoia National Park was the last stop of the three National Parks.
What you will find there:
Wildlife (deer, bears etc.)
Not many people!
I climbed Moro Rock and discovered my wife has developed a fear of heights. I had to keep going to the top of course.
Anyway, if you want to have a vacation alone or with someone else, I recommend Sequoia National Park.
We enjoyed hiking (it snowed in early June, so be prepared for any type of weather) among the huge trees and around meadows. When the area was dense, we tried to make some noise in case we ran into a bear.
Incredibly peaceful. Period.
I always go to the Visitor's Center at National Parks. Great information for all ages. I like to visit with the Rangers to get a feel for the Park and things to do.
Hiking is must to enjoy this National Park. Go to NPS.GOV to get more information on trails etc. If you want a good work out, go to Mineral King. I wasn't able to do those trails but I have seen some of the pictures and I was impressed. Watch out for the dreaded Marmot. They will get under your car and chew on the radiator hose to drink the anti-freeze for minerals. I saw a Marmot in Yosemite, but none in Sequoia.
From atop Moro Rock there is a fantastic view. Sometimes I think some of the smog/pollution creeps in hurting the overall views though.
I feel no matter who you are with, your age or itinerary, there is something for you at Sequoia. Lots of people camp here too.
The main lodge was fine. We didn't eat supper....pricey, but there aren't a lot of choices! It was a bit tough getting to our room though. The set up isn't the best.
- Pros:Quiet, not crowded
- Cons:Not too many cons I can think of
- In a nutshell:Go enjoy some solitude, peace and quiet
I am not sure why Minkler, CA isn't on my map, but it is worth stopping at the road side fruit market. (Highway 180 and... more travel advice
Don't forget to look up at the night sky when it is clear out. Excellent opportunity to view the heavens at a high... more travel advice
mikehanneman's Related Pages
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia"
- "Sequoia National Park:California Family Adventure"
- "Sequoias reside in mountainous terrain"
- "The hidden park"
- "Sierra Nevada at its Best - SEQUOIA NAT PARK"
- "SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sequoia National Park
- Hotels in Sequoia National Park
- Transportation in Sequoia National Park
- Nightlife in Sequoia National Park
- Restaurants in Sequoia National Park
- Shopping in Sequoia National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Sequoia National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sequoia National Park
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Sequoia National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sequoia National Park
- Posted in Travel Grand Canyon Forum "Re: grand canyon area- part 2"
- Wrote a Review Fresh Fruit and Nuts - Roadside in Sequoia National Park Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fresh Fruit and Nuts - Roadside"
- updated a Sequoia National Park Travel Page "You Will Receive Peace and Quiet Here"
- Commented on one of mtncorg's Sequoia National Park travel pages
Photos in Sequoia National ParkSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon Intro, 53 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waterloo Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Moab Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kings Canyon National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- North Rim Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cedar Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (123)
Latest Sequoia National Park hotel reviews
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village
- 583 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013