"Page...A Beautiful Venue" Top 5 Page for this destination Page by mikehanneman
Page Travel Guide: 259 reviews and 733 photos
Last week I wanted to stop in Page and see the great things I had passed up on my prior trips.
I love the great red rocks - Navajo sandstone. Picture perfect in various lighting.
The first thing on my itinerary was to see Antelope Canyon. I have seen the world class photos and wanted to check it out.
I contacted a guide service and checked for times. I chose the 10:30 trip so I could see the beam of light coming through the top of Antelope Canyon.
I was very happy with Antelope Slot Canyon Tours in Page. Vera was an excellent guide telling the story of how Kokopelli wooed young women to Antelope Canyon. I also enjoyed hearing the flute that Vera played! She is in the picture playing the flute in a small alcove.
The canyon isn't that long, but around every turn there is a different sight looking straight ahead or above.
Notice the picture Vera took with my camera. The image appears to be a wolf. Very interesting.
I would recommend this guide service and the experience for everyone.
Vera also had me make a loud noise in a side alcove like a Monk. I have a fairly deep voice and she asked me to volunteer. When I made the humming sound a woman in the group made the comment that "oh my God, I could feel that on my skin and it gave me the shivers." She asked me to do it again but I couldn't because of her comment!
I really respect the Indian culture. Look at what they respect and believe. I think we can all learn a lot from the Native Americans. They sure live in a beautiful part of our country.
Iowa has nice people too, but we don't have the great scenery! Vera made the comment that her people would have greatly benefited from Iowa's land. Lots of fertile soil to plant corn and other plants.
Please look at my Kanab, Utah page. It's a great story on my problems in North Coyote Buttes. I am sure you'll find the reading interesting!
- Pros:Nice people, great scenery and not too crowded
- Cons:A somewhat remote location/a bit hot in the summer
- In a nutshell:I wish I lived closer!
I didn't take the tour of the dam. I had a lot of ground to cover over the next week in Utah and Northern Arizona. Next... more travel advice
Go anywhere downtown and there will be several spots to stop and eat and/or drink. Just get on Lake Powell Blvd and you... more travel advice
mikehanneman's Related Pages
Page Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Page Az...where cowboys & Indians play the day."
- "Newest Town in the US"
- "Welcome to my Page-page"
- "Page...A Beautiful Venue"
- "A page on Page - What's that?"
- "An itty-bitty page about Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Page
- Hotels in Page
- Transportation in Page
- Nightlife in Page
- Restaurants in Page
- Shopping in Page
- Warnings and Dangers in Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Page
- 9 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Page?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Page
Photos in PageSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon Intro, 54 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waterloo Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Moab Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kings Canyon National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Page Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- North Rim Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cedar Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos