"California's historycal capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto by PALLINA

Loreto Travel Guide: 161 reviews and 370 photos

Loreto's mission was founded in 1697 and was the first capital of California. Now it's just more than a village with 10.000 inhabitants but shows its own charme with a tiny but well preserved town centre, very nice maleconwith colonial style benches, beautiful sea shores and breathtaking landscapes driving into the Sierra de la Giganta. Absolutely not to be missed.

• Last visit to Loreto: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 26, 2008

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2008 at 5:40 PM

1697 must be under new management. I met the owners last year and they were far from Italian. The husband was Irish and wife Mexican. I'm heading back next week so I'll inquire.

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2008 at 9:30 PM

ahhh... l'avete catturato qua il famoso pesciotto!!! complimenti, posto meraviglioso and as usual a great page!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2008 at 11:10 AM

What a beautiful area. The hotel looks amazing, and I enjoyed your restaurant tips.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2008 at 8:01 PM

WOW! that's great that you caught some beautiful Dorado!! and soooo good when soooo fresh.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2008 at 8:10 AM

What a lovely place is Loreto!! After the discovery of Isla Coronado I think I wouldn't move anywhere anymore :) Mexico lindo y rico sounds like a nice place to dine. Ah, did you buy any photo books in El Caballo Blanco? I'm sure I would :)

PALLINA

“we don't take trips, trips take us...”

Badges & Stats in Loreto