Madeira Island Shopping Tips by PALLINA
Madeira Island Shopping: 23 reviews and 28 photos
Tropical flowers in Mercado dos Lavradores
The Mercado dos Lavradores is really worthseeing. At the entrance you see immediately tropical flowers everywhere and fruits, vegetables (also very strange ones: a mix between banana and ananas, a lot of types of maracuja etc) and seafood everywhere. It's amazing to see people cutting, preparing and selling fishes, enormous codfish, thunafisch, espada fishes and many others. Don't forget your camera!
Not so known but however nice is the covered market in Canico: especially food and fish. No tourists at all.
What to buy: Flowers are beautiful and very cheap (a bunch with more than 10 "STERLIZIE" costed at Canico market only 2 €....the whole bunch!!!!) and Madeirans are used to pack them in a very intelligent way. I bought also bulbs, now growing on my balcony.
Address: Everybody know the above mentioned markets.
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (9)
- See All Visit Santana's traditional houses
- Tourist information in Funchal
- A very special way to travel from Monte
PALLINA's Related Pages
Madeira Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madeira Island - Sculpted by Gods"
- "Madeira - Small archipelago of volcanic orgin."
- "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- "ISLAND OF FLOWERS"
- "ilha da madeira"
- "An island of flowers and stunning scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madeira Island
- Hotels in Madeira Island
- Transportation in Madeira Island
- Nightlife in Madeira Island
- Restaurants in Madeira Island
- Shopping in Madeira Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Madeira Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Reims Hotels
- State of Meghalaya
- Moose Jaw
- Hekou Hotels
- Mostar Hotels
- Chefchaouene Hotels
Badges & Stats in Madeira Island
- 10 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Madeira Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madeira Island
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Looking for a job in Munich"
- created a Madeira Island Travelogue "MADERA: island of wood"
- Uploaded a Photo to "MADERA: island of wood"
- Wrote a Review Visit Santana's traditional houses in Madeira Island Things to Do
- Commented on one of pikuu's Madeira Island travel pages
Photos in Madeira IslandSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio Emilia Intro, 39 reviews, 31 photos
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 24 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Grosseto Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Bolzano Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Lucca Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos