"Gotland and its hanseatic capital Visby" Top 5 Page for this destination Gotland by PALLINA
Gotland Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 201 photos
The island of Gotland is really amazing; you cannot miss it if you are travelling in Sweden. It's definitely better to avoid the high season (and its peak of the Medioeval festival week) because it can be very very crowded. We went there after Aug 15, just before school opening in Sweden so a lot of tourist have already gone home.
I suggest no less than 3 nights (the transportation by ferry last at least 3-4 hours) but not more than 5 nights, unless you want to take some sunbathing or do some beach activities (unthinkable there for Italians).
I also suggest to overnight in the capital Visby, former hanseatic city, where there is the highest concentration of churches of all Scandinavia.
- Pros:Beautiful and safe place
- Cons:Too many tourists in July
- In a nutshell:Wonderful sceneries and historical sites together
Gotland is amazingly nice, especially if it is sunny. It's capital town, Visby, was an hanseatic Town and is extremely... more travel advice
We just wanted have something light and we crushed into this comfortable and lively creperie, running by an... more travel advice
PALLINA's Related Pages
Gotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magic island"
- "Gotland, Visby!"
- "Gotland and its hanseatic capital Visby"
- "Sightseeing on Gotland in black and white"
- "What a surprise!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gotland
- Hotels in Gotland
- Transportation in Gotland
- Restaurants in Gotland
- Shopping in Gotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Gotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gotland
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Gotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gotland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio Emilia Intro, 39 reviews, 31 photos
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 24 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Grosseto Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Bolzano Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Lucca Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos