"German speaking but ABSOLUTELY Italian" Bolzano by PALLINA
Bolzano Travel Guide: 206 reviews and 517 photos
Once I've read on a Bolzano (Bozen in German) VT home page that South Tyrol is half German.
South Tyrol belongs to ITALY, no matter if most of the people have German as mother toungue and have to learn Italian as their second language. Actually their culture is very close to Austrian one (in fact I like them very much); shops' opening times also (that means, for example, shops are closed on Sat afternoon), BUT THEY ARE ITALIAN CITIZENS. Having said that, now I can describe this region as one of the most beautiful in Italy. A part from sea, South Tyrol offers everything: art&culture, wonderful landscapes, outstanding skiing facilities, exceptional wines and an old culinary tradition. Try to believe...
- Pros:A nice mix of Austrian and Italian cultures
- Cons:Shops closed on Sat. afternoon
- In a nutshell:Unmissable
If you love wines like me, this is your paradise. South Tyrol has been producing quality wines for 25 years, not more,... more travel advice
From where we stayed, Fiè allo Scilar (Voels am Schelern) you can easy walk until Fiè Lake (Laghetto di Fiè) in 45' then... more travel advice
PALLINA's Related Pages
Bolzano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bozen - Bolzano"
- "So italian it felt like Austria"
- "ACCIDENTALLY - BOLZANO (VT joined forces)"
- "Bolzano, Home of the Ice Man"
- "Meeting with Christine (tini58.de) and Heinz ."
- "German speaking but ABSOLUTELY Italian"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bolzano
- Hotels in Bolzano
- Transportation in Bolzano
- Nightlife in Bolzano
- Restaurants in Bolzano
- Shopping in Bolzano
- Warnings and Dangers in Bolzano
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bolzano
- 10 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Bolzano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bolzano
Photos in BolzanoSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio Emilia Intro, 39 reviews, 31 photos
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 24 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Grosseto Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Bolzano Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Lucca Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (11)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Bolzano hotel reviews
- Gardenhotel Premstaller
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2012
- Stadt Hotel Citta Bolzano
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Hotel Magdalener Hof
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 14, 2013
- Hotel Regina
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2012
- Hotel Alpi
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2012
- Feichter Hotel
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 22, 2013
- Hotel Greif
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Business Resort Parkhotel Werth
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2013
- Hotel Figl
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 2, 2012