"The headquarter of European Food Authority" Parma by PALLINA
Parma Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 741 photos
Parma looks beautiful to everyone's eyes; it's small but has its own elegance. In fact, differently from my home town Reggio Emilia, Parma has always had its own "Ducato" and Maria Luigia of Austria made of Parma her beautiful capital. Everything in Parma tells us about their beloved Maria Luigia...
I hope strongly that this square will remain exactly so it is, forever. There are no shops at all but just people walking and admiring it. I suggest to have a stroll at night; it there is fog, ever better. You can sit on very old marble benches just in front of the cathedral and enjoy such amazing medioeval atmosphere. The Battistero is very worthseeing; the interior is 100 times more worthseeing that Pisa Battistero's one.
- Pros:Not so big, not so toristy, very good restaurants
- Cons:Foggy and umid weather
- In a nutshell:You can start from here if you wanna visit untouristy Italy
Run by women from generations, this traditional trattoria is an astonishing jump into the past for the exceptional... more travel advice
Enosteria is a fantasy word coming from Enoteca (wine bar) and Osteria (guesthouse). I find it a nice way to call their... more travel advice
PALLINA's Related Pages
Parma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A real parmigiana"
- "Ham? Cheese? Violets?"
- "P A R M A"
- "Henrik's Parma page"
- "Parma - small clubs can still win big titles"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parma
- Hotels in Parma
- Transportation in Parma
- Nightlife in Parma
- Restaurants in Parma
- Shopping in Parma
- Warnings and Dangers in Parma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parma
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Parma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parma
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio Emilia Intro, 39 reviews, 31 photos
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 24 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Grosseto Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Bolzano Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Lucca Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos